PDA

View Full Version : Blend Shape Reorder Error

mmacmahon
03-22-2011, 06:31 AM
Hi,

Looks like there are other threads on this topic peppering the forum, though not on quite the same issue. I'm also trying to reorder my blend shape nodes in my model's input window. I have about half a dozen blend shapes that are at the bottom of the list, and a "Blend Shape (parallelBlender)" node located at the top. I assume this was created when I chose the "parallel" option in Deformation Order when creating the blend shapes. I'm getting problems with my geometry not moving with the skeleton when blend shapes are active, and I believed it to be from deformation order.

I try moving the top Blend Shape node below the Tweak nodes, and it disappears along with all the other blend shape nodes. The blend shapes are still visible in the Blend Shape window, but nothing happens to the geometry when I move the sliders now.

Below are pics of the original deformation order, then when I try to move the top node below the Tweaks. (I also tried just moving the top node below the cMuscle System node, but the geo would freak out whenever I moved the skeleton.)

http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa467/mmacmahon/Picture5.png?t=1300775056

http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa467/mmacmahon/Picture6.png?t=1300775375

Thanks in advance!
Mara

nuternativ
03-22-2011, 06:46 AM
Usually, in order to get several blendShape working together, a pararelle node is the only way. I used to encounter the same problem as yours once when I have pararellle blender on my skin mesh and when I reorder the deformations... boom! all gone. My solution was to have a "buffer" geomety to store all the blendShapes in pararelle mode then, again use blendshape from the buffer geo to the skin geo. This leaves you with only one blendShape node on you skin mesh.

hope this help, excuse my English.

mmacmahon
03-22-2011, 06:52 AM
Thanks a bunch for the suggestion! I'll give it a shot and see if it works. :)

UPDATE: It worked great!! Thanks again. Awesome fix!

CGTalk Moderation
03-22-2011, 06:52 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.