PDA

View Full Version : How can i make a simple hair that is billowy like an nCloth?

trickyBiscuits
03-22-2011, 02:46 AM
Hi.
So I want to model a character and just use 2d shaders. I don't want very realistic hair but I do want lively reactive hair. Use a couple thick strands. Like maybe 7 or 8, that each have a life of their own and resume a certain style when they aren't "billowing" or moving.

Does anyone have any ideas for how i should achieve that?

alexx
03-22-2011, 11:58 AM
4 minutes ago you havent been able to use component selections in maya and now you are approaching dynamic simulations with rigged and set up characters?

impressive learning curve ;)

Duncan
03-22-2011, 09:27 PM
With Maya hair one can use the turbulence for a billowing effect, perhaps with increased drag. Make sure gravity is high enough and perhaps increase the iteration. The stiffness on Maya hair will make it resume shape when the turbulence is lowered.

Duncan

trickyBiscuits
03-23-2011, 12:00 AM
4 minutes ago you havent been able to use component selections in maya and now you are approaching dynamic simulations with rigged and set up characters?

impressive learning curve ;)

I can rig actually yeah.

Modeling is p much this though :banghead:

CGTalk Moderation
03-23-2011, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.