PDA

View Full Version : Softimage Rendering Tutorial

Ciuccio
03-21-2011, 11:50 PM
Hi,
Any recent (for SI 2010/2011) rendering tutorials for softimage? I3d tutorial are a bit old (and many things are cage).
I find the some request on Area, but no one know...

ShaderOp
03-24-2011, 06:16 PM
Yes, the rendering tutorials out there are a bit old, but I don't think they are outdated since nothing much has changed in the rendering department. I have most of I3D Tutorials rendering videos and they are still very much relevant to SI2011, and I suspect they'll still be relevant with SI2012.

And every time someone visits the Area God flips a vertex normal.

Hirazi
03-24-2011, 09:11 PM
While most things are still relevant, there has been a lot of confusion surrounding the rewrite of the physical sun/sky setup. As the i3D Tutorials were made with the old ("incorrect") system and reproducing that "old" look with the new ("correct") physical setup isn't all that easy for beginners, there should probably be a warning included for people new to Softimage/Mental Ray...
;)

Ciuccio
03-24-2011, 11:10 PM
Not only Physical Sky, but volumic and costant material with phisical sky appear wrong...so, I think, as beginners, we need new and fresh rendering tutorial (and no bugs in rendering...)

CGTalk Moderation
03-24-2011, 11:10 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.