PDA

View Full Version : Dominance War V - Animation - Jesse - Kirr, God of "Love"

JesseDavis
03-21-2011, 07:52 AM
First off, this competition needs more animators as the turn out so far is abysmal. I hesitated making this thread as I'm not entirely sure about my ability to finish it (which I guess is why there might be so few animators), but I think I've got a good understanding of what I want to do. But I enjoyed rigging the character this weekend so hopefully something good will come of it.

I chose the model Kirr by Gunaars Miezi located at http://www.gameartisans.org/contests/dw/4/view_entries/finals_1_487.html

Should be fun, I'll have to read up more on the process of posting stuff as WIP but the rigging is pretty much finished, just gotta make a few face shapes. Then I guess I'll develop the story and what not.

Thanks for reading, I'll try to update this whenever I get work done on it.

KielFiggins
03-24-2011, 02:35 AM
Looking forward to what you come up with. That's a really unique character, which will hopefully yield some really fun motions.

How was the rigging on such a abstract anatomy?

JesseDavis
03-28-2011, 06:19 PM
Thanks Kiel. Rigging was fine, I used setupMachine for most of it and got some stretchy chains set up for the tissue connecting to the head and arms which looks kinda neat. The worst part is that the modelers didn't seem to care much about symmetrical meshes so mirror skinning is out of the question. Other than that, it wasn't so bad.

It was a busy last week for me at work, so I haven't got any WIP yet. Tell you the truth, I've been workin out the shots in my head thus far and have nothing down on paper to show :\

JesseDavis
04-16-2011, 10:40 PM
looks like I don't have time for this challenge after all. Good luck everyone.

CGTalk Moderation
04-16-2011, 10:40 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.