PDA

View Full Version : Big render time after 1st frame

ndeebook
03-20-2011, 08:17 PM
Hi guys,

Here's my problem : I'm working on a comp for which one frame takes around 2min to be rendered but after nuke renders it, the second one takes between 15 and 30 minutes. If I launch the render again, starting with frame 2, it will render it in two minutes then the third frames is going to take between 15 and 30 min again. And so on...

This is pretty random. Once in a while I don't have this bug at all, sometimes I have it from the first frame, sometimes after 5 frames. But rigth now it only renders the first frame fast. So I end up rendering each frame one by one... and this is pretty annoying :(

Anybody ran into the same problem? Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks in advance,

DeeB

cgbeige
03-20-2011, 10:16 PM
it's probably because the first frame rendering is cached. When the second frame renders, there's a cache for that as well.

ndeebook
03-20-2011, 10:38 PM
Do you mean it would already be rendered because I see it in the viewer?
It actually happens even if I open the nuke file and the viewer is looking at a reader node.
And sometimes it does work for every frame so I ruled out computer performance issue. And the same happens if I try out of a fresh reboot without launching any other program (I even tried uninstalling my antivirus -_-)

Thanks anyway

cgbeige
03-21-2011, 05:43 PM
ya, if you see the completed frame or it has been rendered, then Nuke has already cached it. If you want to delete the cache, select Clear Disk Cache in the Render menu

CGTalk Moderation
03-21-2011, 05:43 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.