PDA

View Full Version : missing frames Read Nodes

RayT
03-19-2011, 12:23 PM
Ive searched this forum and it does not appear to be a topic of missing frames in Read nodes for Nuke.

I am currently working with frame sequences that are in the process or rendering or missing frames. I have found that when a Read node has a missing frame in it, it will return an error. This is fine, but when I need to write out a nuke network a missing frame results in an error and stops the render.

Is there a way to have nuke read missing frames as blank frames or simply skip the frame and continue with a write without using multiple read nodes and reworking the in and out frames?

Thanks all.

alkali22
03-19-2011, 10:05 PM
Pretty basic option on the read node...

ChristopherP
03-21-2011, 04:18 AM
Hey Ray :)

if the frame is simply missing...what Nathan said.
If the frame is corrupt/still rendering, you gotta use some trickery unfortunately. As far as i know this (to have Nuke ignore corrupt frames) is a long-standing feature request with TheFoundy, that never made it in.

One way around this would be to use the frame-expression in the read-node to display an empty frame. Like this...
frame==201||frame==203?0:frame
which would display frame 0 on frames 201 and 203 (corrupt frames) and the current frame otherwise.

Another one would be to use a Switch-node, that switches to an empty frame or whatever you want, when the Read-node errors. Simple expression like "Read1.error"...only i found that this isn't working properly in all Nuke-versions...6.2v2 works fine for example.

Hope this helps :)

Chris

CGTalk Moderation
03-21-2011, 04:18 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.