PDA

View Full Version : Liquid creature rig forming limbs

metsubushi
03-17-2011, 10:17 PM
Hi all,

I want to rig a floppy creature which is made of a liquid substance and has no limbs. However inside the animation I want the character to be able to form a limb like a hand from the main body. Is there a good way or a tutorial for it? Any suggestions will be appriciated.

Thank you.

Nightkrawler xo
04-27-2011, 09:22 PM
If your asking this type of question,then it's way over your head.

Hi all,

I want to rig a floppy creature which is made of a liquid substance and has no limbs. However inside the animation I want the character to be able to form a limb like a hand from the main body. Is there a good way or a tutorial for it? Any suggestions will be appriciated.

Thank you.

hotknife
05-06-2011, 09:48 AM
If your asking this type of question,then it's way over your head.

Not really helpful that now is it ?

I would look at a system that wraps around particles for the main body.

By that I mean Pwrapper or Frost. You can create/control the main shape of the 'body' with particles that are stuck to objects that can be deformed or controlled with bones or whatever you want and Pwrapper or Frost will Mesh the particles as one object. This gives a lot of freedom as to how you build the object up.

You can then work on the arm in a similiar manner and once introduced to the body it will Mesh the entire system together.

Head over to http://www.thinkboxsoftware.com/frost/ and check that out for some inspiration.

eek
05-06-2011, 02:25 PM
Morphs and possibly multiple skeletons. For e.g.

You build one rig that has a human skeleton, and werewolf skeleton. You make two meshes (same vert count) skinned to both skeletons and then you make them 'active' morph targets to a third mesh.

This thought is all predeterminate - to do something that is totally freeform i.e the arm can come out of any place. Your'll have to voxelize the model somehow, metaballs, particles etc.

Take a look at how they did the blob, from aliens vs monsters.

metsubushi
09-25-2011, 09:22 PM
thanks for these inspirational answers guys.

CGTalk Moderation
09-25-2011, 09:22 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.