PDA

View Full Version : nParticle - On collision event, emit light.

Kinematics
03-17-2011, 04:51 AM
Hey guys,

As the title says. I basically have two emitters of nParticles. How do I cause the particles to emit light on collision? And also, if possible...how to have "self collide on" but not emit light when colliding with particles from it's own group but only from others?

Thanks guys. :beer:

ginodauri
03-17-2011, 05:53 AM
I far as i know you don't have self collision pp attribute.

What you can do is to emit light based on velocity.

My quick test:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQR47Tpb55Q

If collision is important than maybe solution is to attach nrigid objects to your particles and collide that way , but ... :)

Aikiman
03-18-2011, 12:23 AM
what kind of light are we talking here? A real pointlight, a change of vertex or particle colour or would emitting more particles on collisions work as if like a flash of sparks?

Each one obviously handled very differently depending on your requirements.

Kinematics
04-11-2011, 04:39 AM
Well the idea is that when the "atom" collides with another. It generates energy thus releasing light, So I suppose point light would be it. =) any ideas?

Aikiman
04-11-2011, 06:34 AM
Personally I would use particle emission with a ton of motion blur and short lifespan.

If you want to go the point light direction you would have to find the collision worldPosition and create a point light there and then delete it or turn down the intensity. A bit more mel involved.

CGTalk Moderation
04-11-2011, 06:34 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.