PDA

View Full Version : Dominance War V General Discussion Thread

Juneauz
03-04-2011, 01:34 AM
I'm looking forward to join the war this year!

Splinter
03-10-2011, 03:27 PM
Is the main challenge still going on this year? I've watched the count down and now that it's time is up I still haven't seen the start of the main challenge. I was hoping to give it a try this year.

NRubric
03-10-2011, 04:11 PM
Is the main challenge still going on this year? I've watched the count down and now that it's time is up I still haven't seen the start of the main challenge. I was hoping to give it a try this year.

I think it will starts within the next 48 hours.

Splinter
03-10-2011, 04:54 PM
Awesome! I can't wait. :thumbsup:

Setha
03-10-2011, 07:45 PM
it said next 48 hours ago 2 days ago, and then has the start shortly message ,im guessing it will start friday evening, Hope so anyway, want to try and finish my entry this time!

NRubric
03-10-2011, 08:05 PM
it said next 48 hours ago 2 days ago, and then has the start shortly message ,im guessing it will start friday evening, Hope so anyway, want to try and finish my entry this time!

Yeap... me too.

stefanobernardi
03-10-2011, 09:54 PM
I would like to try the challenge too this year for my first time.

I just don't know how does it work about teams for the competition; should every partecipant join a team?
And how do i join a team? Which one should i choose?
Aaaargh, so much questions in my head!

Sorry if you've seen these questions a lot of times but still i don't know about teams for the competition.

Thanks!

Kirt
03-10-2011, 10:00 PM
Soon ...

I'm hearing mention of final spit and polish being applied to the kick off. Hang in there, it'll be starting up before you know it.

NRubric
03-12-2011, 10:31 AM
Waiting is an art too.

Splinter
03-12-2011, 03:42 PM
Waiting is an art too.

LOL!!! That is true :D

varunbondwal
03-13-2011, 05:33 AM
If waiting is an art this Dominance War will make us perfect at it. 5 days gone after the second time it was delayed and still hasnt started, nor any news when it will.

Setha
03-13-2011, 03:05 PM
If waiting is an art this Dominance War will make us perfect at it. 5 days gone after the second time it was delayed and still hasnt started, nor any news when it will.

I know right ,at least some news why would be useful.

BaronImpossible
03-13-2011, 06:04 PM

Actually we're on the fourth or possibly fifth delay, but who's counting?

Splinter
03-14-2011, 04:59 PM
Ummm.... huh? :shrug: still no DWV

GregStrangis
03-15-2011, 02:59 AM
Fred is saying tomorrow will be the start date. Hopefully it actually does start tomorrow =P

Setha
03-15-2011, 10:06 AM
Fred is saying tomorrow will be the start date. Hopefully it actually does start tomorrow =P

let's hope!

BaronImpossible
03-15-2011, 11:53 AM
Whilst you're waiting... http://www.gameartisans.org/forums/showthread.php?t=19435

Phoenix-06
03-16-2011, 02:28 AM
Over at Game Artisans Fred stated he was currently uploading the trailer, said it would take around 140 minutes and that was about an hour ago so hopefully not long, this would be my first go at this contest and I've been waiting for it since last year haha

KillerFlea
03-16-2011, 04:19 AM
:deal: Rules (http://www.dominancewar.com/2010/main/en_rules.php)

yigit
03-16-2011, 10:51 AM
at last :) now all we need is an official topic for DW5 here

artcreator
03-16-2011, 12:32 PM
Title is finally out!
Let's roll, CGS!!!

Alekzsander
03-16-2011, 12:42 PM
When it's gonna start Dw V ??????????? sauuuuuuuuuuuuuu

jsn
03-16-2011, 12:43 PM
Yeah!,...AWESOME!!!

We've waited for ages!...ok, of course you've bin waitin too!
Let us not wait much longer, please with a God rising above!

BaronImpossible
03-16-2011, 03:29 PM
DW V is now on the main page of the site http://www.dominancewar.com so I guess it's now launched..? I'm just guessing here...

Alekzsander
03-16-2011, 03:36 PM
DW V is now on the main page of the site http://www.dominancewar.com so I guess it's now launched..? I'm just guessing here...

Yes, i can notice hours ago .
Waiting here too

stefanobernardi
03-16-2011, 04:13 PM
Already started thinking my own entry..!

So guys, can someone explain me something about teams?

Which are the forums partecipating and how do i choose one?

I searched through the FAQ on dominance war website, but the page isn't there...

Thanks!

yigit
03-16-2011, 04:19 PM
Stefan, just sending your first WIP image to a forums related topic about DW 5 would do it..as far as i know, after sending the first wip, you cant switch sides.

I've another question tho.. shall we create character sheets like in previous challenges, or would just one illustration be sufficient?

Phoenix-06
03-16-2011, 04:40 PM
You have to create a character sheet much in the same way you did in past DW challenges. Its listed on the rules towards the bottom in the 2D section, everything you need to know should be there

Alexzavr
03-16-2011, 04:50 PM
guys where our theme? I want to create my theme and start my wip, someone please tell me when and where ???

yigit
03-16-2011, 05:00 PM
You have to create a character sheet much in the same way you did in past DW challenges. Its listed on the rules towards the bottom in the 2D section, everything you need to know should be there

Yeah was just rechecking the rules a few minutes ago.It wasn't there but it seems Fred just updated it.Thanks.

The-Hand
03-16-2011, 06:01 PM
guys where our theme? I want to create my theme and start my wip, someone please tell me when and where ???

http://www.dominancewar.com/2010/main/en_rules.php .Rules.

Phoenix-06
03-16-2011, 06:25 PM
So where about's do we start posting work? I've noticed some forums have a special DW V sub-forum where you post stuff. I have seen that the submission process this year is apparently different from DW IV in that you don't have to submit via Game Artisans, so far no new info on that but it mentions the DW V page will be updated over the next few days.

PuiArt
03-16-2011, 07:24 PM
So where about's do we start posting work? I've noticed some forums have a special DW V sub-forum where you post stuff. I have seen that the submission process this year is apparently different from DW IV in that you don't have to submit via Game Artisans, so far no new info on that but it mentions the DW V page will be updated over the next few days.

I think since the DWV just gone live, all the forums will slowly over the duration of the day updates the sub forum for wip threads. Many of the mods here are have a 9-5 job. So i presume updates will take place a little later in the day if not early tomorrow.

Phoenix, what you can do in the mean time without losing that enthusiastic drive is to take a look through the themes and rules sets. you can sketch the ideas now and post em up when the sub forums are ready.

Phoenix-06
03-16-2011, 07:42 PM
I think since the DWV just gone live, all the forums will slowly over the duration of the day updates the sub forum for wip threads. Many of the mods here are have a 9-5 job. So i presume updates will take place a little later in the day if not early tomorrow.

Phoenix, what you can do in the mean time without losing that enthusiastic drive is to take a look through the themes and rules sets. you can sketch the ideas now and post em up when the sub forums are ready.

Yeah I started doing some quick thumbnails and basic ideas, it seems this years DM is a lot less restricted before it seems there were different races, then classes within said race and more this one all you do is make a GOD for any kind of race you want be in cryborg, demon, machine and so on. But that's a little harder than it sounds I think.

Melrick
03-17-2011, 12:23 AM
Hey guys, if it helps on GA we have just beeing making our own threads in the Dominance War folder. Really looking forward to seeing what you guys do

Sk8erWolf
03-17-2011, 02:53 AM
hey guys

i just done one unearthly challenge from game artisans, but i follow this forum (also if i never post :blush: ) from much more time ago and i prefer to stay here, but i don't know how to enter the challenge

can someone help me??

in GA was more heasy because there was one page with a lot of thumbnails that you click one and this become your entry, but here i don't know, so i ask it to you

is from the first dominance war that i follow it and unfortunatly i never partecipate it, this time i decided to do it
please help me :)

ps: i have a question... where post the WIP and other sheet if it cant be posted outside of here?? in the cg portfolio??

Kirt
03-17-2011, 02:55 AM
Sk8erWolf - Go to the site and read the instructions. Come back here and start your WIP thread. More info for final submissions will come later. Q&A goes in the Q&A thread.

Sk8erWolf
03-17-2011, 03:12 AM
yes, i just read it all, and i'm trying to follow all the instructions but when i go to 2D entry
by cg society it tell me this

"After listing to suggestions, a new public voting system for DW is being finalized. Please begin by reading the rules - HERE - and when ready, begin your entry on your chosen forum. You will be notified by forum leaders when the system is complete. Enjoy the challenge and see you back here soon"

so i click "HERE" and i restart it all, but i don't know where i can tell to the site "i just read it all" :)

and if i click on my nick name down it resend me on game artisans page

Kirt
03-17-2011, 04:19 AM
You must start your WIP thread on CGSociety in this forum.
There is nothing for you to enter on the DW site (yet).

AlexaSharlOt
03-17-2011, 05:21 AM
yes, i just read it all, and i'm trying to follow all the instructions but when i go to 2D entry
by cg society it tell me this

"After listing to suggestions, a new public voting system for DW is being finalized. Please begin by reading the rules - HERE - and when ready, begin your entry on your chosen forum. You will be notified by forum leaders when the system is complete. Enjoy the challenge and see you back here soon"

so i click "HERE" and i restart it all, but i don't know where i can tell to the site "i just read it all" :)

and if i click on my nick name down it resend me on game artisans page

I think its about final images that we going to submit at main site.

Sk8erWolf
03-17-2011, 05:25 AM
ah ok
so i open my thread
thanks

do you think we can use videogames photo reference??
and where we can upload our works if we cannot post outside of here?? i don't have an FTP and i'm tinkinking to post on cg portfolio, i don't know, i never done it

NavigatorJones
03-18-2011, 06:35 AM
Hahha omg, I can't believe after all my camping of the website, I actually missed it go live by two days XD!

SO EXCITING. GOODLUCK GUYS!

Kirt
03-18-2011, 01:45 PM
I'm not answering any further questions in this thread. If you have a question, please post it in the Q&A thread.

RicoD
03-18-2011, 10:57 PM
Hahha omg, I can't believe after all my camping of the website, I actually missed it go live by two days XD!

SO EXCITING. GOODLUCK GUYS!
Lol, yeah, I had the same thing. I had it open in my browser since end of february and just pressed refresh daily. When that last image went up it stayed up when I pressed refresh even after it went live. Must've been that cache error thingy. But we're off now!

Good luck to all participants!

chemotoledo
03-29-2011, 03:46 PM
Hy every one! I just have a question, i made my thread in the Dominace War V 3D. Thats the only thing that i need to do to participate in the Dominace War V?

Please if any can help my i really appreciate! My thread is:

Dominance War V Ancelmo Toledo God of Wreckage

Kirt
03-29-2011, 06:57 PM
This is not the Q&A thread. Please read the Q&A thread for answers to many questions already answered.

KrizEvil
03-31-2011, 08:41 PM
Hi everyone

I need some help, I made a mistake, for updating my post of DW I duplicate it, can somebody tell how to update a thread in the forum of DWV? sorry this is my first challenge. Thanks so much

Spazmortis
06-14-2011, 04:10 AM
Hi, ummmm... does anyone know whats happening with the team best update? wasnt it supposed to happen already? I think Ive hit refresh about 1000 times lol.

DreadReaper
06-14-2011, 03:27 PM
Hi, ummmm... does anyone know whats happening with the team best update? wasnt it supposed to happen already? I think Ive hit refresh about 1000 times lol.

Its posted now! :D

By the way, is there a way to see how many points you got if you weren't one of the finalists? I would like to know just for my personal satisfaction. Thanks!

walrus
06-15-2011, 12:02 AM
Apparently, Fred (the sole guy who runs DW) is revealing a ranked-sorted view so that everyone can see what place they ended up (albeit not how many votes anyone received.) At least I think/hope he's doing this for all forums and all categories: Right now it's only implemented for GA's 3D artists: http://wwww.gameartisans.org/contest...mlistings.html (http://wwww.gameartisans.org/contests/domwar/5/entries_gameartisans_3d_teamlistings.html) but I hope he'll do that for all forums and for 2D too.

Spazmortis
06-15-2011, 01:47 AM
I hope that happens for all teams. Kind of unfair if it doesnt :S

Spazmortis
06-15-2011, 07:03 AM
Yay its up!! 10th!

BaronImpossible
06-15-2011, 10:41 AM
I've never been a fan of public voting but what's done is done. Personally I think either all entries should have been seen by one or more judges and the obviously unworthy ones eliminated, or they should all have been judged equally by points allocation in the final round. Still, I think the actual DW interface worked well and it was quite an easy process to get everything uploaded and view other people's entries.