PDA

View Full Version : Dominance War V Q&A Thread

Kirt
03-17-2011, 12:59 AM
(place holder for things to come)

The-Hand
03-17-2011, 01:52 AM
Hello,
Just noticed that in other forums like GA. It's more organized with sub folders for 2D as well as for 3D category. Can we do that here?

Kirt
03-17-2011, 02:56 AM
I don't think there is a need for additional forums. We used one forum for the past challenges and it worked fine.

harlequin02
03-17-2011, 03:29 AM
just wanna ask something stupid. It mention all about god of something. so what about goddess ? does it still valid ? if so how the format for the thread ? does it still follow the format "Dominance War V - 3D - your name - God of _____" or it become "Dominance War V - 3D - your name - Goddess of _____" ?

Kirt
03-17-2011, 04:17 AM
A God is a God. I can be male, female, a toaster or a badger. Your being is Omnipotent and it can be whatever it chooses to be in shape and form (as long as it's not a cartoon - the only stipulation specified).

God does not imply gender.
Goddess does.

harlequin02
03-17-2011, 04:36 AM
my silly mistake i post with your format but i forgot to put my name on it is there a way to change it ?
the thread was "Dominance War V - 3D - your name - God of Sword"

belich
03-17-2011, 05:44 AM
this is going to be a god, but, imagine that it has a pet, or a weapon , the texture map of 2048 must be the same for everything, the doubt came from this reference (http://www.gameartisans.org/contests/events/uploaded_images/32-game-3d-art-660-1174879077-texturesheetRichLfinal.jpg), two normals and two speculars??

the question clear and simple, only one map is allowed for each channel or can we use more than one??

BaronImpossible
03-17-2011, 12:21 PM
Minor point, but isn't part of the process of thumbnailing and concepts to try options on the subject matter, therefore at the time of creating the thread the type of god is unlikely to be known? If we have to decide our subject before we even do the thumbs then that's very restrictive.

Dan-Cable
03-17-2011, 01:07 PM
Do you HAVE to be a member of a team, or can i enter as an individual?
If so, do i need to have my own 'team colors' etc?

Darkonerster
03-17-2011, 01:31 PM
Do you HAVE to be a member of a team, or can i enter as an individual?
If so, do i need to have my own 'team colors' etc?

Hi there,

there is no team category so any work you submit, you do so as an individual. By choosing a team they essentially mean that you compete for either cgsociety, gameartisans etc. In case you start your wip here then you have joined the cgsociety team and the first "round" is among people at this forum. Same applies for other teams.

Agoras
03-17-2011, 01:51 PM
I've got a few questions, hoping there are some answers:

- For the animation entries it states that "you may add up to 1,000 extra tris for your character's gear, clothing, appendages, and/or weapons." and also "You can add as many additional props, beings, or animals as you want to depict your 20 seconds intro" at what point does something become Gear and count towards the 1000 tris for the character and not just as an extra in the scene?

- As far as adding props, beings or animals, can they be rigged?

- do the same limits apply to extras as far as textures? meaning do all objects have to have just a single color shader?

Kirt
03-17-2011, 03:15 PM
harlequin02 - Done. Let me know if you'd rather have your real name and I can change it.

belich - The texture sheets are listed on the rules page. You can't use more than this for your entire image. One each 2048x2048 Diffuse, Normal map, Specular color, Specular level, Glow, Opacity, and Ambient color.

BaronImpossible - I'm not going to remove your thread if you don't have a name chosen yet. Put anything. I can change it later for you. Just send me a PM when you have a name chosen.

Dan-Cable - If you create your WIP thread here, you are a member of the CGSociety team and must use the team logo and colors. If you start on another forum, then you'd be a part of that team.

Agoras - If you model a tree as part of your scene is it a part of your character? No. Pretty simple if you think about it. Gear is part of your character (something worn, carried or parented to the character). And yes, single color shaded textures for all animation entries (including environment objects and extras).

BaronImpossible
03-17-2011, 05:45 PM
BaronImpossible - I'm not going to remove your thread if you don't have a name chosen yet. Put anything. I can change it later for you. Just send me a PM when you have a name chosen.

Nice one, thanks Kirt.

TheGrak
03-17-2011, 06:30 PM
Sorry if this is a stupid question:
Do you want DW animation entries posted to the DWV forum - or is there a special place for these? Should we aggregate 2d, 3d, and animation entries into the same forum?

I was going to start a post, but didn't want to place it in the wrong forum. :)

Kirt
03-17-2011, 06:46 PM
TheGrak - This is the only Dominance War V forum on CGSociety. If you post somewhere else, it will be moved here. So please save a Forum Leader the duty of doing so. Post your WIP in this forum.

TheGrak
03-17-2011, 06:58 PM
@Kirt - Awesome, just wanted to make sure! :)

Piotrkura
03-18-2011, 12:45 PM
hi, i want to participate in animation dept. there are characters to use, how can i download them?

Kirt
03-18-2011, 01:44 PM
Piotrkura - On the rules page, there are images of the models that you must use. Click on the image of the character you wish to use and the OBJ file will download.

Piotrkura
03-18-2011, 02:02 PM
ok, sorry its an browser issue i have to rmb save content as.. sorry and thank you.

light964182
03-18-2011, 05:38 PM
sorry I can't find my new Thread in DWV.
I don't know why happen it.

Gatecrasher
03-18-2011, 09:34 PM
I don't think there is a need for additional forums. We used one forum for the past challenges and it worked fine.

I second the request to separate the DW entries into the three different disciplines. Seems much cleaner that way, and a lot easier to browse updates of what you want quickly. I'm going to be especially curious with the animation updates as they happen and I can foresee myself having to scroll through pages of concept and 3d entries just to find new animation entries. Animation updates will happen much less frequent than concept or 3d, guaranteed. :thumbsup:

Kirt
03-18-2011, 10:10 PM
We haven't even surpassed 50 entries. So, no. Not going to add additional forums when there is no need. If it gets out of hand (probably somewhere in the 300-400 thread count range) then I'll consider the request.

If you don't want to loose a thread, then subscribe to it. Thanks.

Viper3d
03-18-2011, 10:18 PM
I agree with gatecrasher, I think we should separate the disciplines. Only makes sense to in terms of feedback and focused critiques. It's always nice to have feedback from all backgrounds but I honestly don't want to sift through hundreds of concept and 3d threads to find the few animation threads that we'll probably see here. And to have to go through and subscribe to each "animation" thread is kind of ridiculous.

Also keep in mind that animation threads will tend to be updated less frequently than a concept or 3d thread... so they're going to get lost extremely quick. Thanks.

ipranawake
03-19-2011, 06:33 PM
Anyone pls help me with this serious problem .........

01 - Im very much interested in participating DW V under CGSociety team ......, but you are having Quota system which let me upload images only up to the capacity around 550Kb or so ... I have previously submitted images to "Bedroom" lighting challenge and unfortunately those threads are now locked and I cant delete those attachments now, hence i have only 273KB of uploading quota remaining. This is a problem for me becaus i cant post my new WIPs without deleting the old ones, and even worse .... If my final entry is larger Than 273Kbs how can i upload it after all the hard work ??? .... May be this is a misunderstanding so correct me or pls let me know a solution kindly.

02 - You guys have this great system implemented successfully (except the little "Deadline bug" at the last moment) for the last CGSociety challenge "Dreamscape", which allowed us to submit Concept art Entries, WIPs and final entries in a beautifully catagoraised way .... which made real good sense ... may be its too late ... but is there any way that we can use that system for DW V as well ??

Kirt
03-19-2011, 07:26 PM
Viper3d - I've already addressed this. If there were "hundreds" of submissions I might tend to agree. But with the current number of submissions, it's easy enough to sort or search the forum for the entries that you're looking for.

ipranawake- You can post a request in the support forum (http://forums.cgsociety.org/forumdisplay.php?f=79) to have some of your old attachments to be removed. Just be sure to include links to the items so it's easier for the Admins to find them. Or you can host your images on CGPortfolio or any other image hosting site (such as photobucket) without having to worry about using your image attachment quota.

The final images are to be submitted to the Dominance War site and is in no way affiliated with CGSociety (other than our participation in their challenge). So our submission system won't be of much use.

Darkonerster
03-19-2011, 07:31 PM
hi ipranawake,

probably the easiest solution is to upload your wips to an online gallery such as imageshack.us, photobucket.com or deviantart.com etc. and then link the images to your forum post. This should allow you to display more higher resolution pictures and its kind of easier to use than the default system here.

bpsola
03-20-2011, 01:47 AM
i'll give it a shot

ipranawake
03-20-2011, 03:22 AM
Thank you so much Kirt and Dakonerster for the advise :applause: .... I thought any image that has something to do with our entries should not exist anywhere outside this forum (It was not said in the rules ... so .... im the fool here ... :p )

I have never used it ... but ill checkout photobucket.com ...... thank you guys .....

Im ready to roll ....... :beer:

Im2Dguy
03-20-2011, 05:52 AM
Can we add blend shapes
as part of the rigging process ??

I just don't want to get
disqualified for changing the mesh.

Thank you.

livache66
03-20-2011, 02:08 PM
Hi there
On the official rules page the following statement exists :
"Particle systems are allowed. Use solid mesh planes to depict your particle system(s). Physic modifiers are also allowed"

Question: I was thinking of making fire, smoke, water etc. with simple dots (many many dots :) ). Does that comply with the rules?
And also: Can i use object meshes for debris ? Or do i have to use mesh planes that as well?

LOLIverrr
03-20-2011, 08:11 PM
Hey! I'm new to these forums...
I started my Dominance War WIP thread a few hours ago, but it still hasn't shown up in the forum... It is being moderated or have I done something wrong? Should I do it again?

(Sorry if this is a dumb question. Like I said, I'm new :P)

Kirt
03-21-2011, 04:09 PM
Im2Dguy - I didn't see anything that says you can't use blend shapes. I think they would be allowed as long as the character model is identifiable as one of those provided.

leache66 - Not sure what you're asking. What's a dot? Object meshes for debris is allowed (debris would be a prop).

LOLIverrr - Please read this, specifically post #5 re: FAQ (section 1.2) (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=79&t=886530)

AlexaSharlOt
03-21-2011, 04:58 PM
Hello, I have one problem, how can I change my thread title, because I see that I can't do it.

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=322&t=965562 it would be nice if in the question mark place would be Hope.

Kirt
03-21-2011, 05:13 PM
AlexSharlOt - PM me the new title that you'd like for your thread (including a link).

Everyone - If you're going to ask questions in this thread, make sure that you've read the previous questions so that I don't have to repeat myself. I am, from this point forward, refusing to answer questions that I have already answered.

livache66
03-21-2011, 06:32 PM
Dots, like small spheres.

Kirt
03-21-2011, 09:15 PM
Dots, like small spheres.
Particles?

lepilo
03-21-2011, 11:36 PM
I made a mistake...posting my thread "God of liquid" instead of "Dominance War V - 2D - God of liquid". Can you please fix it?

livache66
03-22-2011, 12:48 PM
yes but rendered ... they are rendered in the form of small spheres with a few tris on them

NightLynx
03-22-2011, 06:42 PM
Hi there!
I recently got myself some free time after work, and since I never participated in a DW before, I'm very excited in give a try on this one. :buttrock:
Later today I'm gonna start doodling around and start posting my WIP, but I would like to know how they gather the final images for the contest.
When I finish my painting I just have to post it on my thread, and it's done?! I'm in?! Or there's somewhere else that I should send it?

Thanks and sorry if I wrote something wrong. Not quite good english skills :shrug:

Amolas
03-23-2011, 10:05 AM
how can i join DWV, just make a thread here???

brazz
03-23-2011, 03:05 PM
Why dont you guys use sub-categories for animation and 3d/2d work for the challenge?

The majority of contestants will be for the 3d/2d challenge anyways, its a drag to keep going throught the pages trying to find the animation contestants.

Do like GameArtisans did and use sub-categories, so much easier to deal with.

Kirt
03-23-2011, 11:10 PM
livache66 - I think you could consider those as environmental props then. I'm not sure why you'd do it that way, but I'm not a 3D guy so that may be ignorance on my part. Sorry can't help you any more with that question.

NightLynx - The Dominance War site will have a place for you to upload final images at a later date (will be announced here when available). For right now, create a WIP thread here and get to work.

brazz - Already discussed, but we're getting quite a number of entries now. So it seems justified now. Sub forums on the way. Please create new threads in the appropriate forums when they become available. I'll move existing threads to the right areas when I have time.

livache66
03-24-2011, 07:34 AM
@Kirt - ok, thank you for your answers and patience!

icegee
03-24-2011, 02:08 PM
Hello! I'm planning to use the Gremlin model for my animation. I checked the topology out and find it was made mostly by tris. Are we allowed to manually delete edges of the model or use command like "quadrangulate" to make the model more suitable for rigging in Maya? I'm not sure if this is altering the model since it will remove quite a few edges...

Kirt
03-24-2011, 03:03 PM
icegee - I don't believe that you can modify the mesh to that degree. The rules state pretty clearly what you are allowed to edit on the mesh.You may NOT alter the base mesh, but you may add up to 1,000 extra tris for your character's gear, clothing, appendages, and/or weapons. Optional: At your discretion, you may modify and add more lines/topology to the joints of your God if it helps his/her movement in your animation. This joint modification does not count towards your 1,000 extra tris.

jchristo
03-24-2011, 03:22 PM
icegee & Kirt - It seems at the very least we'd be able to delete the tri edges around the joints if not the entire mesh. The rules state that it's fine to "modify/add" lines of topology.

Optional: At your discretion, you may modify and add more lines/topology to the joints of your God if it helps his/her movement in your animation.
If we couldn't clean some of that up, it'd be kind of a pain to work with. That mesh is my favorite but doesn't seem like it was created so much with animation in mind. As long as we're not changing the shape of the base mesh I don't see why it matters.

Preventing people from completely changing the mesh design seems to be why that rule exists... not to prevent you from creating a solid rig with good deformations.

-jim

icegee
03-24-2011, 04:02 PM
Kirt & jchristo: Thanks very much for both of your advise! So i gonna give it a try to see if I can just delete as less edges as possible and still achieving a good deformation result. If it won't work I'll simply use another model then.

MFTituS
03-24-2011, 05:35 PM
ok, how about the "Keep gore and nudity to a decent level please!" guideline?
i'm planning to show some bare boobs - still not sure about the final figure, but i don't want to cover them in my concepts all the time. will it be ok or is covering the nipples necessary?
should i make a "nudity" warning in the headline for this?

Kirt
03-24-2011, 06:06 PM
jchristo - You can change the geometry at the joints. However, icegee's question was if he could quad the model, which isn't allowed. Maybe he wasn't being specific enough in the question. Model edits should be restricted to joint areas. Hope that makes it more clear.

MFTitus - I think they're more concerned with graphic depictions of sex and violence. They're not going to care if your image is of exposed human anatomy. However, a "NSFW" tag would be the polite thing to include for threads that may cause problems for those viewing while at work.

intro
03-24-2011, 06:22 PM
Please help me. I make accidentally thread and no post. How can I delete this thread God of Viking Warriors Refrence
Sorry

Thx

jchristo
03-24-2011, 06:37 PM
Yup, that's clear! Thanks for the quick response!

Kirt
03-24-2011, 06:40 PM
intro - Fixed. Please include a link to your thread next time. Saves me the time to hunt for it. Thanks.

intro
03-25-2011, 12:39 AM
Thanks Kirt.

Myers
03-26-2011, 06:10 PM
regarding logo, can I put it as part of pedestal ? if i dont use logo but instead only colors, then these must be the only colors of my char. ?

Smirtouille
03-27-2011, 08:27 AM
I no longer wish to participate in the CGSociety team. Can my thread be deleted? Am I allowed to participate in another community team if I start my work over?

Kirt
03-27-2011, 04:24 PM
Myers - No and no. The rules specify where the colors and logo should be used. So, I'm not going to repeat them here.

Smirtouille - Sorry to hear that you are going to another forum. Your thread has been removed. You can start with another community team.

Smirtouille
03-27-2011, 10:28 PM
Thank you Kirt.

johnsonting
03-29-2011, 10:02 AM
Im sorry to bother. A newbie here, and im quite not used to this forum yet, I had a post (two post actually) which was a mistake. And its in the verification stage as im a new member.

so my question is, when will the post be approved? Cause i need to delete it and repost it. Sorry for all the mess.

NightLynx
03-29-2011, 05:49 PM
Hi Kirt, sorry to bother you, but I changed the name of my god, and i would like to know if you could change the thread name for me;
From : Dominance War V - 2D - NightLynx - Fallen God of Lust and Greed
To: Dominance War V - 2D - NightLynx - Fallen God of Corruption

here's the thread link: http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=329&t=968190

Thanks!

Kirt
03-29-2011, 06:56 PM
NightLynx - Done

Versiden
03-29-2011, 07:16 PM
Sorry if this has been asked...
For the animation challenge, are we allowed to rig and animate more than ONE of the gods provided? Modeling time for background characters seem a waste if there are already characters for us to use.

thanks!

Kirt
03-29-2011, 10:57 PM
Versiden - It's in the official rules (and highlighted). No.Mandatory: Use and rig ONE of the above 3d base meshes for your God. Do not create your own unique God.

itamar3D
03-31-2011, 03:25 AM
can I edit the cape of the Eredhel`s character?

it have a lot of loops, i ll just decrease some loops...

Gaboon
04-03-2011, 01:28 AM
Hi, Kirt
I need my thread title changed from
Dominance War V - 3D - Gaboon - Goddess of Agony
to
Dominance War V - 3D - Gaboon - God of Nuclear Annihilation

Is that possible?

ROBOTTANK
04-04-2011, 04:38 AM
where can we find the DWV logo??

Tigerax
04-06-2011, 07:32 AM
I'm sorry...i've got a problem..
I'm a new member and this is my first time join the competition.
I know that the new member must have two posts validated before being allowed to post freely on the forums.So, is that means i can post a new thread and waiting the forum leader to accept my thread? or i have to do something else to finish the two posts validate??

FFTrouma
04-07-2011, 07:21 PM
I apologize in advance if I have overlooked something and this had already been asked, but I want to know if a chair (throne) counts as a pedestal for the character.

Edit: If it does not, I would like to know if it can be placed on a pedestal together with the character and not be included in the main poly count of 12,500 tris, i.e. be a part of the pedestal poly count.

Kirt
04-07-2011, 10:15 PM
FFTrouma - No, a throne would be an environment item and would be counted towards your 12,500 tri count. A pedestal is a base that you figure and props will stand on.

chandramohansahani
04-10-2011, 10:59 AM
hi kirt
I Just want to change myThread from
Dominance War V - 3D -chandramohansahani - God of Love
to
Dominance War V - 3D -chandramohansahani - God of War

so can u tell me what is the process to change it?

inkyspot
04-11-2011, 02:50 PM
Is it too late to enter at this point?

NRubric
04-11-2011, 02:58 PM
Is it too late to enter at this point?

If you can finish it in time. No.

inkyspot
04-11-2011, 03:07 PM
I feel amped again.

NRubric
04-11-2011, 03:09 PM
Hey Kirt

I want to change my Thread from
Dominance War V - 2D - CDorius - God of Machine
to
Dominance War V - 2D - CDorius - Maschinengott
I hope you can do this.

And a little question:
Would be 1000w x 1200h as resolution ok or must it be the 1200w x 1000h ?

Kirt
04-11-2011, 06:48 PM
CDorius - The rules state 1200w x 1000h. I'd suggest sticking with those guidelines.

BaronImpossible
04-17-2011, 07:16 PM
Hi Kirt, when you get a moment could you change my thread FROM

Dominance War V - 2D - Baron Impossible - God of Hmmmm

TO

Dominance War V - 2D - Baron Impossible - God of Confinement

Thread is here http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=329&t=966902

ROBOTTANK
04-18-2011, 01:55 AM
why was my question skipped? where can we find the DWV logo??

NRubric
04-18-2011, 08:09 PM
why was my question skipped? where can we find the DWV logo??

Which do you mean? The logo from the contest or that from our team?

belich
04-19-2011, 03:39 AM
may i use extra maps like hdrs or others for enviroment and reflections?
i know its an stupid question considering that the rules say that the pedestal can have its own pack of textures but i want to be sure, because i may not use raytrace and the textures for reflection are going to be applied to the material it self.

ROBOTTANK
04-20-2011, 06:56 AM
Which do you mean? The logo from the contest or that from our team?

I'm looking for the actual "DOMINANCE WAR V" logo, can't seem to find. I'm not talking about the team CG Society logo, I have that one. thanks

Scriar
04-20-2011, 02:41 PM
Hi, im not sure if this is the right place to post this.

I accidently created two threads for my entry, I think the first was waiting for approval and I didnt realise.

Could you delete this thread http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=329&t=973207

Sorry about that

Kirt
04-20-2011, 04:13 PM
ROBOTTANK - It's on the DWV site. There is no "clean" file available that I'm aware of. But you can make something usable from the logo in the site's header.

belich - Yeah, I can't think of a way to say it anymore clearly than the rules have already stated. You have texture restrictions on your character, props and environment. The pedestal has no restrictions.

JBro13
04-22-2011, 03:06 AM
Hello, I have a question that always borderlines the 2d/3d contest arena. If I model some parts in a 3d package, render them outm and incorporate them into a 2d image, what is that considered? Whish thread would I post in, 3D, or 2D? Thanks-- Eager to start, have some cool ideas....

Kirt
04-22-2011, 07:20 AM
JBro13 - The 3D entries have poly and texture restrictions. You would have to show these in your final submission. Since it's difficult to do that when blending the two, I'd enter as a 2D submission.

Illusorisch
04-25-2011, 03:48 AM
Hello. I have a problem. I tried to post a thread in "Mini Challenges > Dominance War V >
Dominance War V 3D". I created a topic "Dominance War V - 3D" and got a message that it will be validated and that it may take up to 24 hours, but it is already 48 hours and still no result. There was only a concept art image and a small description in the post. Should I post it once again?

Sorry, I found it now.

So please delete the message if possible

TonyVirili
05-03-2011, 10:53 PM
Kirt (or anyone else who may know), do you know if the character can be on a vehicle (considering it as gear and including it in the total poly count)? I'd like to have mine on one, but I want to be sure it's acceptable. I've searched this thread for the term "vehicle" and read through the Tulsa on the DW site, but I can't find anything. The FAQ on the DW site is a broken link, too.

I've seen some other entries in the works and they include beasts or have suits that are part machine/vehicle, but I don't want to chance anything.

Thanks

Kirt
05-04-2011, 03:43 AM
TonyVirili - A vehicle would be part of your total poly count so take that into consideration. But aside from that, I don't see anything that prohibits you from doing so. Go for it. Would be a good challenge to keep within the poly/texture limitations.

MatoH
05-04-2011, 10:35 AM
Just a stupid question, I dont see bump map under allowed maps on DW site. The question: Ist bump forbidden?

Kirt
05-04-2011, 06:37 PM
MatoH - I don't see any mention of a bump map in the rules either. So, I'm guessing that they are not used. I'm not really a 3D guy, but couldn't you use a normal map?

MatoH
05-04-2011, 08:27 PM
yes I can use normal map but it will do my life much more complicated I am used to do the very small detail on bump map not on normal map...I was just asking because bump and normal are in one slot so maybe they dont mention it....Cant ask somebody?just that I now for sure.Thanks!!

Kirt
05-05-2011, 03:15 PM
MatoH - Got official word from the Dominance War V organizers. Bump maps are allowed in the competition. I didn't get any details other than that but I would imagine that you're restricted to a 2048X2048 bump map (like the other texture sheets).

MatoH
05-05-2011, 05:23 PM
Many thanks!!!

harlequin02
05-09-2011, 04:40 PM
Dear, Kirt
is it possible to change my title ?
Dominance War V - 3D - Harlequin02 - God of Sword
to
Dominance War V - 3D - Harlequin02 - God of Fang

i found it "meh" to my god now

BaronImpossible
05-10-2011, 12:17 PM
Anyone know why the submission area hasn't activated yet. Says will activate in final week... clock says 6 days 3 hours left... ?

Myers
05-10-2011, 12:40 PM
it will activate after this six days, then there is another week to submit finals. final deadline is 23. may...

BaronImpossible
05-10-2011, 12:45 PM
it will activate after this six days, then there is another week to submit finals. final deadline is 23. may...

Oh I see, so it's counting down until submissions become active - I get it. Thanks!

bluwolf
05-13-2011, 06:57 AM
Hi, this is my first dw, it might be a little late to ask this but....is it ok to have just started my wip thread in DW V 3D, or should I have first started an entry here :
http://www.gameartisans.org/contests/domwar/5/form_cgsociety_3d.html#
Apologies for the crazy question.

Thanks, bluwolf.

Myers
05-15-2011, 08:56 AM
hi, one thing is still unclear for me. professional judges will judge only winners of public voting or all submitted final entries ??

ahkiat
05-16-2011, 06:15 AM
Hi when I use the team logo on my model, am I allowed to change the logo color?

ishkur13
05-17-2011, 05:47 AM
Hi, I have an animation entry in the works, and am trying to fully understand the color/lighting restrictions. I think that my current coloring and lighting is okay, but after re-reading the rules to ensure things are in order, I have a question.

The animation rules state - "No textures or coloring allowed. No Transparencies allowed. Each Mesh/object, should be a single solid color."

Does this mean that all single solid colors can be any color?
By no coloring allowed, do they mean no textures?
I am guessing colored lights are okay which I will use quite a bit.
I have no transparencies, no textures, and am using solid colors on all objects and props.

Here is my thread for the CG Society animation entry.
Thanks in advance for the help. Good luck everyone.

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=331&t=977554

Spazmortis
05-17-2011, 06:18 AM
Hi, is says in the rules that you should submit your concept images if you have any. Does this mean I dont have to submit this section? I came up with my concepts during sculpting.

bluwolf
05-17-2011, 07:13 PM
Hi, i would like to change the name/title of my god... if possible, how can i do this?

Thanks.

bluwolf
05-22-2011, 11:13 AM
Hi, can we still post here? I can't seem to upload any more wips due to reaching the 500k limit, is there any way around this?
Please help, thanks.

abiLity
05-24-2011, 02:50 AM
Hello guys,

I've posted the final images to the DW side and loged it in. Now I see, the side didn't refreshed the main image... did they uptade it anymore?
I loaded the right picture, but there is still the wrong one actually... need an answer fast please. ^^'

yigit
05-24-2011, 09:32 AM
Hi Michael, your finals look ok,it's showing the right ones.
Guys, am i checking the wrong page or the voting hasn't started yet?

glupman
05-25-2011, 08:04 AM
Does anybody knows where are our works for public voting? sorry Im a little bit lost.

ishkur13
05-25-2011, 08:31 AM
You can go here,
http://www.dominancewar.com/2010/en/index.php
then click on which team and category you want to see - 3D, 2D or Animation (play icon).

You should then be able to vote.
You can also click on All Entries which lets you see all our team's artwork.
Click on 3D Entries, 2D Entries or Animation to view and vote on the different categories.

glupman
05-25-2011, 01:22 PM
thank you very much ishkur13

CapnSlurpee
06-23-2011, 03:39 PM
uh hello I just joined today
and i dont really understand what the dominance threads are about other than creating concepts of different types of gods in any shape or form.
Are there rules?

BaronImpossible
12-16-2011, 08:59 PM
Results are up http://www.dominancewar.com/2010/main/dwvchampions.php

Randize
12-29-2011, 11:02 AM
Results are up http://www.dominancewar.com/2010/main/dwvchampions.phpOh finally congrats Baron! Tough battle this year. Hahaha will try harder next time.