PDA

View Full Version : 3dsMax 2011 Biped wired fingers rotating erratically

jesman0
03-16-2011, 10:31 PM
I have a model all rigged and wired up, ready to animate. My fingers and spine are wired to sliders. When I animate arm and hand movements, and then add in finger animation via sliders, the fingers start rotating around the wired axis, z, in weird and unnatural ways. They rotate past the min and max points of my sliders thus making my sliders completely useless.

For example, say I animate the hand and arm, doesn't matter if I discreetly rotate the bones or use the hand IK, to rub the characters belly, add in some slight finger z rotation with the sliders, then move the hand up to the head. The fingers then rotate farther into the hand and I can't straighten them back out with the sliders. I actually have to animate the individual bones to straighten them back out. Every subsequent movement of the hand causes the fingers to rotate into themselves more and more, wrapping into themselves.

I have no idea what is wrong and its really frustrating trying to figure this out. Please help.

CGTalk Moderation
03-16-2011, 10:31 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.