PDA

View Full Version : RealFlow Help !

cgpersia
03-16-2011, 08:03 PM
Hi

I am going to model water flowing as it is shown in Fig.1 using RealFlow ver 4.3.8.0123
The water supposes to comes out of a small circle (Fig.2) in my object which I imported it into the RealFlow
As I can see, there are some properties (Circle Node Parameters) such as "Type","Resolution","Density" etc which helps to make it more natural and realistic.
I wonder to know if anyone has any idea about these parameters. What values should I use to make it better?
Also, I have another question: I'm using MAYA, should I use RFRenderKit or MentalRay in this case?

Around 5 sec of these fountain is going to be shown in this scene.

Regards.
:thumbsup:

http://i56.tinypic.com/25rmrh2.jpg
http://i56.tinypic.com/f6p82.jpg
http://i55.tinypic.com/6fv38y.jpg

PerfectLine
03-16-2011, 08:50 PM
Well, there are quite a few ways to do this with realflow.

First off, trying to render in maya software will definitely reduce your chances of getting a realistic render with particles alone.

You have options.

1. Have realfow make a mesh sequence from your particle sim to create the water surface. This could be then shaded in the maya software render. Yet, using mental ray will also improve the overall image, especially when using linear colorspace.

2. You could have realflow generate many more particles in order to fill up your geomentry better and use the RF renderkit to generate the mesh at rendertime. This gives you better range over the detail since the mesh is generated at rendertime. You will have to use mental ray though.

Instead of trying to fill up the basin with particles you could use a realflow wave mesh (forget what its called in RF, realwave?). This will create the water surface that will ripple as particles collide with it. Then you would use the same water shader on both the meshed particles and the water surface to blend the partilces with the water surface.

brjig
03-17-2011, 03:21 AM
use a realwave for the basin, so when the water hits it, it will ripple

depending on your scene size you will need to use a high resolution circle emitter

also you need to create particles for foam/bubbles when the drops. But if your gonna use a wave, then you can create bubbles, you need to create a collision event where when the water hits the wave, it creates foam.

another thing you can do is (which will put a toll on the computer) is actually fill the basin with a high resolutionn fluid, then just let it settle, set the initial state, then from there, emit the water and let its come into contact like that.

cgpersia
03-17-2011, 01:42 PM
Hi again,

Thanks for your suggestions.
Well, since I guess I wont face any low performance problem hence what I have in my mind is:

1- I'm going to fill the basin with particles in RealFlow.
2- In the first frame (which the basin is already filled), I will let the particles to drop from the circle according to the Fig.1 and the type of the particles from the circle would be Liquid.

And my question: According to the Fig3, what values should I use for other variables such as "Resolution","Density" etc?

I will appreciate if some one tells me about them.

Regards,

Phlok
03-29-2011, 09:16 AM
RealFlow has a very good interactive help system. Just select one of the parameters such as Density and press F1, this opens a description on that specific parameter. Basically, this will get you all the information you need for a start.

Another method I highly recommend is experimenting. Make a new scene, create three emitters with different Densities and fill three tanks. Then drop an object into those tanks...watch the difference in the behaviour of the fluid.

Do the same with pressures, Surface tension, viscosity...this should be giving you a good feeling for the parametrers.

If you are having more specific questions, feel free to ask but nobody will provide you with a walkthrough on how to do your desired effect.

cgpersia
03-29-2011, 02:50 PM
Thank You So much Man ;)

CGTalk Moderation
03-29-2011, 02:50 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.