PDA

View Full Version : sss fast skin blending

CGNitro
03-16-2011, 10:22 AM
I'm trying to blend two sss fast shader using blend from utilities, I cant seem to make it work...looks like blend utility node is made to work with only maya shaders and not mentalray shaders..

is there any way i could blend two or more sss fast skin shader onto a single object..?

thanks ...... :)

jaredr
03-31-2011, 07:00 PM
Sure. First make sure that both of skin shaders are using the same MentalRay texture. Take the texture you are using as the blend and for one of the skin shaders, plug it directly into the overall color. For the other one, first invert the blend texture, then plug it into the overall color. Create a plus/minus node. Plug the outputs of the skin shaders into two input3d inputs.
Now create a surface shader and plug the output of the plus node into the color input, then apply this to the model. Now go to the shading group node that the surface shader has been attached. You need to connect the lightmap node (is the second output of the mentalRay texture node) to the lightmap slot in the mentalray section.
I theory, this should work. You could also use a layered texture instead of a plus/minus node

CGTalk Moderation
03-31-2011, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.