PDA

View Full Version : Halve movement

Eldrego
03-14-2011, 09:50 PM
Hey guys,

I'm not too sure how to word this but I'll try the best I can... I'm currently working on a facial rig with bones and helpers. I have everything setup great so far, when the characters jaw opens all the helpers move the way they should but I would like the corners of my characters mouth to move half as much as the rest of the mouth and still be able to manipulate separately. I've done this before using a either a modified position constraint or a script but that was years ago, I can't remember what I did. I hope someone here knows what I'm referring to. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

skealeye
03-14-2011, 11:59 PM
sounds like u need to group the corners and constrain them to the jaw and the head, this will take 50/50 of the jaw movement. Constraining the group will allow u to still have control on the corners

Eldrego
03-15-2011, 01:40 AM
sounds like u need to groups the corners and constrain them to the jaw and the head this will take 50/50 of the jaw movement. Constraining the group will allow u to still have momentment to the controls

Lol, that was so easy, I was wondering why the weight was grayed out, wow I'm embarrassed lol. Thanks Skealeye!

giordi
03-15-2011, 10:41 AM
yeah the solution posted abow is correct . you just need an offset group and you drive the offset group as u wish . expression constrains etc and after you can animate the controll under the offsetgroup

Eldrego
03-15-2011, 03:14 PM
Is this just using the position constraint? Because I'm having issues when turning my characters head, the helpers I have constrained are halved, I just want that when the jaw opens.

CGTalk Moderation
03-15-2011, 03:14 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.