PDA

View Full Version : Ruins 3.5 Plugin issue

calebros
03-14-2011, 07:45 PM
Hey,

So we recently purchased the Ruins 3.5 plugin at my work. We installed it and turned it on in the plugin manager, but now I can't find the menu to start the plug in. It is supposed to be in the Effects drop down under the Dynamics menuset, but it is not there. Has anyone else had this issue? Is there a way to start it from the script editor via a mel command?

The guy that makes this plug in is in China, and won't respond to my email till much later tonight. I was hoping someone here might know.

Oh, the computer it is on is a Mac if that makes any difference.

Thanks again for any help you might be able to offer.

-steve

cowboy71
03-14-2011, 09:26 PM
I bought this plugin as well. It should be in the top menu set on the right when you are in the dynamics section. I think I ran across the same thing, and I had put it in the wrong folder. But sounds like you have it right if it's showing up in the plug-in manager.
One thing that I was not aware of when I bought the thing, is if you are on a Mac you can't take advantage of the Cuda shatter. Which totally sucks. However, I hear that the DMM plugin by pixel lux is coming to Maya 2012.

calebros
03-15-2011, 08:11 PM
Hey thanks for the help.

It turned out to be a licensing issue. The mac address we sent him was mistyped.

Another issue I'm having now, and hopefully it's not me just being an idiot again, is that I can not turn off the gravity for the rigid body solvers. Did you have this issue too? Did you figure out a work around?

Yeah not getting the CUDA shader does kinda suck, but you got to work with what you can get I guess.

calebros
03-15-2011, 08:21 PM
Never mind on the gravity thing, i just had to select all the rigid bodies and turn it off on each one to get that to work properly. Thanks again.

cowboy71
03-15-2011, 09:09 PM
He did mention an update for the mac cuda, but who knows when that will be. I'm just anxiously awaiting DMM for 2012.

CGTalk Moderation
03-15-2011, 09:09 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.