PDA

View Full Version : Particle duration question.

Tamagoo
03-14-2011, 04:44 AM
Hei, well im trying to make particles form into a text, and then move on to form a different text. Now I got the particles to find their targets, however, I cant find an operator which would allow me to control for how long they stay on the text/object.
Which operator allows me to control how long particles are going to stay in the given branche.

Hers a quick picture reference

Tamagoo
03-14-2011, 07:17 AM
err trying evrything. age test an so on,, the moment it finds it's target moves on to the next event without moments pause.

Tamagoo
03-14-2011, 11:46 PM
(-Never-mind I got it. seems you just needed to set find target node to control by time and animate the speed of time to 0 for it to stay at the target and increase it when you want it tos witch targets.-)

hmm.. wrong too, seems you cant animate find target node.. bummer thought i had the answer.. then it seems its resorted to script.... still dont get why is it so ahrd to control particle event age....

if annyone know an answer :P

Tamagoo
03-15-2011, 05:08 AM
and solved... just got a a new birth branch with Initial state and set it to the ending event of the last one. this allowed me to control how much time particles spend on each branch. thx for the help. o.O :P

JohnnyRandom
03-15-2011, 05:17 PM
thx for the help. o.O :P

Nice work :) Interesting approach too, I myself wouldn't have thought to use an Initial State.

I'll try not to be a smart-ass. Seriously. If nobody answers your post, there is a good chance that it has been already answered... more than once. If/then you don't find an answer then start a new Thread. If I wanted to repeat myself over and over I would become a teacher :D

Try using the search function, similar discussions that pertain to the exact issue you are having have occurred a few times within the last year ;)

Tamagoo
03-15-2011, 08:54 PM
:D yah I'll do that, and about that comment, I was just trying to be funny, hard to sound sarcastic over the web o.O

CGTalk Moderation
03-15-2011, 08:55 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.