PDA

View Full Version : Max vs. Maya

Delete123
03-14-2011, 12:16 AM
I bought 3D Studio Max with what was left of my savings while I was in school, and I'm starting to wonder if it was worth it. It seems to me most professionals are using Maya, which I know nothing about. Is this true? What are the benefits to each? Much appreciated

Delete123
03-14-2011, 01:58 AM
Never mind, didn't know you aren't supposed to compare programs.

itoocg
03-14-2011, 08:11 PM
hi friend,
this confusion remind me of my school days, when we too gets anxious of products,
but in the end (i didn't remember the source),
i was advised, it's result which matters,
even if you have max or maya,
if results are not coming
(result mean quality output, makes others eye remain open, with just one word,
it's impossible ),
it's no matter what software you use,
i have seen people great in max covering fast maya,
and bringing the same result in it,

just be your best,
concentrate on results,
and thousands of genius
are on cgsociety,
they r always there
when u need them

i love this place,

Nyro
03-14-2011, 08:42 PM
Was that a Rap? Kinda reads like one... :surprised

xyphid
03-14-2011, 09:51 PM
The grass is always greener on the other side, there is no end to this. Outstanding images of quality you can't really compare are being produced by both programs, so are top notch games and animation. If you end up working in a studio that uses maya or even c4d for that matter, you'll quickly catch up, it's all the same once you got the concept down. Heck I've seen some amazing stuff produced in free packages like blender, you wouldn't tell the difference, in fact, some of the open source stuff advance quicker than commercial products. So do yourself a favour, spare the software dilemma and focus on becoming a better artist, you got nothing to worry about.

CGTalk Moderation
03-14-2011, 09:51 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.