PDA

View Full Version : Free In Progress 3DS Max Cartoony Rig

madguru
03-12-2011, 07:20 AM
Hi,

I've been working on a character rigging script. There's a lot of great work out there, and I am trying to learn to impliment some of the features I've seen. When it is finished, I intend to release the rigging scripts for free so that anyone can place point helpers and create rigs for their own characters. This rig was created using my rig script.

http://www.madguru.net/tools/rnd/rigging/mgrig_ip_v01.zip

Feedback and advice would be really helpful. It is not ready for production yet. Use at your own risk.

Parts of the rig are seperated into layers:

nmy_anm_ctrl = animation controls
nmy_pt02_ctrl = bendy controls
nmy_rig_base = base skeleton
nmy_rig_fk = fk parts of rig
nmy_rig_ik = ik parts of rig
nmy_rig_rev = rev hand and rev foot
nmy_rig_sk = bones to skin to (multiple joints for bendy limbs)
nmy_rig_tw = twist bones

All the animation controls are spline shapes in the two ctrl layers.

Features IK/FK switch
reverse foot
reverse hand (experiment to get additional pivots on hand)
Bendy Arms, legs, head
fk spine
jaw control

In Progress:
1. Not sure why the toes/fingers twist at times when using the reverse foot or hand. Need to figure out how to stabilize that.

2. Not sure how to drive the corresponding sk bones using the twist bones so I can get twist bones on bendy limbs setup.

Feel free to test out/break this rig and send me your feedback.

Thanks,

Adnan Hussain

robtl
03-18-2011, 09:25 AM
oh~ I'cant open your scene

madguru
03-18-2011, 04:17 PM
The file was created in 3DS Max 2011. I downloaded and checked it just now and it works fine here. Perhaps you are using a previous version of 3DS Max? Do let me know.

Thanks,

Adnan

CGTalk Moderation
03-18-2011, 04:17 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.