PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way to make Display Huds?

MDB101
01-18-2002, 12:23 AM
OK is there anything out that that makes Display Huds? Like lets say in a f-16c falcon? Can we do this in 3d studio max? or? flash? or...how ever its done.. also is there a way to render that into a 3d max 4.2? can it be possible?

thnks in advance//

Wintermute
01-20-2002, 06:34 AM
If you're looking to reproduce a hud like that in an F-16 (or any other modern fighter aircraft), that you want to have superimposed over an animation, you're probably best off using something like After Effects to composite in your hud text over a rendered animation.

you will of course need some way of animating 2D objects on a plane (text, symbology tec...)

Using after effects post-rendering will probably create the best effect.

you can use photoshop to create the defferent elements of the hud that move (horizon ladder, altimiter etc...) and move them around with after effects.

(I'm using after effects here because I've used it!)

I'm working on a project that will actually require this! Since you asked about this, I might write a tutorial on huds. :D

L8er

Jean Eric
01-20-2002, 07:16 AM
For this kind of work, a vector-based program like Illustrator is a must. No serious graphic artist should work without a good vector drawing program like Illustrator or Freehand.

Creating complex shapes are much easier than in Photoshop alone...

Wintermute
01-20-2002, 08:39 AM
so true jean!! thx for reminding me!

especially since after effects can use eps files

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 12:26 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.