PDA

View Full Version : Fluid Rendering problems

parizi
03-12-2011, 02:45 AM
Hi all,

I have a few problems with rendering an explosion that I've done with maya fluid, the main problem is that when I use raytrace shadow, my render time increases dramatically(I rendered 7 frames, and the 7th frame took almost 40 mins to render, HD720 which is attached here) and when I use the depth map shadow, it gives me absolutely no shadow! I tried different settings for the shadow, but I can't see any change in my image!
I'm using Maya 2011.
the other thing is that I have no motion blur, and when I turn the motion blur on, even when I set the primary renderer to rasterizer, my computer crashes!
Does anyone have any solution for these problems?

parizi
03-12-2011, 02:55 AM
Hi all,

I have a few problems with rendering an explosion that I've done with maya fluid, the main problem is that when I use raytrace shadow, my render time increases dramatically(I rendered 7 frames, and the 7th frame took almost 40 mins to render, HD720 which is attached here) and when I use the depth map shadow, it gives me absolutely no shadow! I tried different settings for the shadow, but I can't see any change in my image!
I'm using Maya 2011.
the other thing is that I have no motion blur, and when I turn the motion blur on, even when I set the primary renderer to rasterizer, my computer crashes!
Does anyone have any solution for these problems?

:P
I found the answer! it was because my shading quality was set to 8! which is too much I guess(it's still very slow with motion blur)! but still I'd like to use depth map shadow that seems broken!

Phlok
03-14-2011, 12:05 PM
Depth Map Shadows on a partly transparent and fast moving volume might not be the best idea, anyhow. Also make sure to have your shadow mode set to segments.

Albo
03-14-2011, 02:35 PM
for what I know (It's been discussed a lot of time here, try a search) the motion blur in mr work only on the transform, not "inside" the fluid at woxel level.

Alberto

parizi
03-14-2011, 08:17 PM
I think I'm not gonna use motion blur at all, it's just ridiculously slow and as Alberto said, it looks like it's not working inside the volume container(btw, I searched before posting here, but didn't find my questions answers, would you please share those discussions' links here?).
Anyway, I have the same problem with the segment method of shadows, when I set it to segments, it's like depth map, totally not shaded! Do you know how to fix it?
By the way, I'm not using texture anymore! it also helped my render time a lot!

Albo
03-14-2011, 08:30 PM
here one...
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=86&t=950644&highlight=Motion+blur+fluid

EDIT: ops I forgot... may be you can share a simple scene, so me or someone else can have a look to your settings. What kind of lights are you using? Probably spot lights are better for raytracing shadows...

CGTalk Moderation
03-14-2011, 08:30 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.