PDA

View Full Version : Instancing Character Animation To Particles

rishiinamdar
03-11-2011, 12:37 PM
Help!!!Instancing Character Animation To Particles

Hi,
I want to instance a character that jumps through the surface and lands on the surface to particles..
The particles will emit on a surface based on some texture...
It basically has to look like people jumping through the surface and forming a line or any other shape...
I know how to do the instancing and the emission..
My main question is - Every time a particle is born i want the instanced character to jump.
Right now since the jumping animation is in the initial frames the particles that are born after the jumping wont get the jumping animation.. They will get the landing animation or just a static character....
What i want is every time a particle is born it should take the animation from the first frame...
How could i do this....
Is there a set of expressions that can do this....
Please please reply....
Thanks in advance....

ginodauri
03-11-2011, 02:18 PM
You need to make dupicate object of your character for every frame of animation.

Than this duplicated objects you put in instancer list.

Instacer should be set to cycle sequential.

Than in the instancer tab of particle object , you can set attribute "cycle start object".

rishiinamdar
03-12-2011, 02:18 AM
Thanks a lot... Will try this and tell you if i could do it...

rishiinamdar
03-12-2011, 02:45 AM
You need to make dupicate object of your character for every frame of animation.

Than this duplicated objects you put in instancer list.

Instacer should be set to cycle sequential.

Than in the instancer tab of particle object , you can set attribute "cycle start object".

Hi... I tried what you said...
I duplicated my animation at each frame...Instanced each object...
Set Instacer to cycle sequential... I set the cyclestartobject to age under instancer tab of particle object....
The instancer cycles through all objects but dosent stop... It keeps repeating the cycle
I want it to cycle once for each new particle and then stop after one cycle...
Cant seem to figure it out....
Hope you can help
Thank you...

rishiinamdar
03-14-2011, 11:40 AM
Hi ginodauri...I finally figured out how to do it...
I duplicated my animation at each frame and instanced it...
But instead of keeping cycle option under instancer tab to Sequential i kept it at None

I created a custom variable
particleShape1.incrementadd = 0; // This in creation //
particleShape1.incrementadd += 1; //// This in Runtime Before Dynamics //

In the instancer tab of particle object i plugged this variable in objectIndex and it worked as i wanted...

So thanks again for the help...

CGTalk Moderation
03-14-2011, 11:40 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.