PDA

View Full Version : How to make ncloth more rigid?

MarkNarwahlberg
03-10-2011, 05:23 PM
I am making a tennis net and I need it to be more rigid when the ball hits and not move so much. How would I do this?

Duncan
03-14-2011, 08:39 PM
Increase the stretch resistance and substeps. If you want less wiggle after the collision you could also use drag or damp, but I'm guessing the main thing you need is more substeps.
Duncan

edit... It occurs to me you may be colliding with a maya rigid body, which would not work too well. ( the net would not properly push back on the rigid body, so it would continue to fall through as if there were no net) For this the best thing would be to use an nCloth ball with rigidity. For the nCloth ball keep the vertex count low and smooth it downstream of the cloth simulation. If the simulating ball has a lot of vertices its relative mass may be very high( mass is per vertex, not per area in nCloth ). You could increase the mass on the net to make it heavier with respect to the ball if desired.

CGTalk Moderation
03-14-2011, 08:39 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.