PDA

View Full Version : motion vectors

CLAW
10-21-2003, 03:52 PM
Hi you all!

Just wondering if I can save out motionvectors from Lightwave? See I want to apply motionblur in shake, and exporting motion information from LW into shake would be really handy.

Any clues?

NanoGator
10-22-2003, 09:16 PM
Im doing this from memory here as I don't have LW in front of me, but I think there's a plugin called 'buffer saver' that'll do that. Go to flay and search for it. :)

CLAW
10-22-2003, 09:20 PM
I know how to save out motion Y and X buffers. But motion vectors are a little different, I know Maya can do this.

NanoGator
10-22-2003, 09:25 PM
Oh.. guess I'm not understanding the terminology.

Sorry! :)

Kvaalen
10-22-2003, 10:21 PM
What kind of file do you want to export it as?

CLAW
10-23-2003, 08:42 AM
In an image format would be great, I know you can choose to save motion vector into a file from Maya, so I thought it was possible from LW. Although I played a bit with the motion y and x buffers, it's possible to simulate motion blur with it, so I am happy.

Kvaalen
10-23-2003, 12:47 PM
Well it is possible to save the motion path of an item in layout, and load it in modeler as a spline. Then you can use the EPS exporter.
Just an idea, I'm not sure about how well it will work since you only have 2d info.

Ofcorse you can export the X and Y axes as one image and then the Z and Y axes as another image. then you have the 3D info.

Not too sure about that either. :shrug:

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.