PDA

View Full Version : Newbie nDynamics Q. - Rigid body cloth

Raphaeltm
03-10-2011, 04:44 PM
Ok. So, I don't actually have to get this done, it's more out of curiosity and because I can't figure out how it's done. I've searched but I can't find my answer.

In max, you can create some keyframes and the dynamics will be calculated based on the velocity of the object at the last keyframe. In maya, I set up an object with nCloth using the concrete preset and expected it to work similarly after setting a couple keyframes, but apparently it doesn't? The object just drops, instead of using the motion i assigned it with my animation.

How does one use nCloth for rigid bodies and combine animation and simulation?

eaclou
03-10-2011, 05:43 PM
You can animate the original mesh and then use the "input mesh attract" slider to govern the nCloth's attraction to the position and shape of the original (and hand-animated) object.

You can also use nConstraints to nRigid passives or a simple Transform nConstraint to have total control over particular vertices, but it sounds like what you are looking for is a blend of hand-keyed animation and dynamics solving, so i'd recommend the input mesh attract attribute -- try playing around with it for a while.

Raphaeltm
03-10-2011, 07:44 PM
awesome! thank you very much! :-D

CGTalk Moderation
03-10-2011, 07:44 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.