PDA

View Full Version : Putting multiple character GUI's together

mccollom73
03-08-2011, 11:10 PM
Hey everyone,

I have made 3 character GUI's, each with 3 tabs. Instead of opening each one up individually and having 3 windows on the screen, is there an easy way to switch between these 3 scripts and put all of them into one giant script. I was thinking of just doing tabs nested in tabs, but figured id ask to see if there was a better/more awesome solution.

Thanks,
Josh

NaughtyNathan
03-09-2011, 10:03 AM
it depends what you want/need to see... do you NEED to see more than one of these at a time? If so then you will have to put them all in a giant UI.. a single formLayout would suffice, but using a paneLayout may be better if you wanted or needed to scale each of the three UIs to different sizes.

If you don't need to see more than one at a time, then a new tabLayout would probably be the most sensible option.

If you've written your code properly it should literally be as simple as copy/pasting the three different UI codes into a single new file, with a new window/parent layout above them all.

of course, 2011 has docking now, but I'm not sure how this can be utilised in this case as I don't use 2011, but I think you'd still have to code the docking elements of your UIs...

:nathaN

mccollom73
03-09-2011, 10:27 PM
Hey Nathan,

As always thanks for your response. You don't NEED to see them all at the same time, I just wanted the animator to have the option of use all three GUI's at the same time, and not use up the whole screen.

I probably will use a new tabLayout for this, just wasn't sure if anyone had a different idea.

Thanks again,
Josh

CGTalk Moderation
03-09-2011, 10:27 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.