PDA

View Full Version : bird wings follow atttribute

skater363636
03-07-2011, 10:18 PM
I'm currently finishing up a rig of a bird. The feathers on the wings are geometry not just planes with a transparency texture map. I have set up a set driven key to take the wings from the extended pose to folding back in a rested position. The problem that I'm currently having is that when I go to rotate the body the wings in the rested position are not following and start to come off the body. Since I don't normally rig and it's the first rig I've done in a long time I can't remember how to set up a follow atttribute so that when it's in the rested position it stays against the body but when not in the rested position it acts normal. Looking to get it to act like the reach attributes in Motionbuilder. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks for any help anyone can give me.

Boucha
03-08-2011, 03:12 AM
Well i guess you need to parent the root joint of the wing to the body or any of the spine joints.

CGTalk Moderation
03-08-2011, 03:12 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.