PDA

View Full Version : SVA vs AI

Phantom1649
03-07-2011, 08:37 PM
I'm currently a high school senior and will be graduating in a few months. I live in upstate New York and have been looking into visual effects schools. I realize the choices are not as abundant here as the west coast. But I applied and was accepted to SVA, SCAD, The Art Institute Of Pittsburgh, Ringling College Of Art and Design, and Full Sail. I decided I'd like to attend college closer to home so SCAD, Full Sail and Ringling are out of the picture. That leaves AI and SVA. I've heard both positive and negative things about both schools and Im just looking for a little clarification. I was just curious as to what everyone thought of these two schools. And there experiences with each. What school do you think is the better choice ?

Thanks

Meloncov
03-15-2011, 10:19 PM
The AIs are terrible schools. You get a quality of education comparable to what you'd get at a community college, for the price of a private art school.

Also, unless you have some unusual circumstances that forces you to stay close to home (say, a sick family member you have to care for) you shouldn't put much priority on that when choosing a school. In this industry, you're probably going to have to move in order to get a job anyways.

CGTalk Moderation
03-15-2011, 10:19 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.