PDA

View Full Version : Render Layers and Animation Layers

chapstick
03-07-2011, 03:55 PM
I'm using Animation layers as takes (Override Mode), and also have several render layers set (Beauty, AO, etc). Is there a way I can set it up such that each render layer renders out a pass for each animation layer? Currently It just renders out my time line showing the top layer in my animation layers. So I would hopefully expect to see in my Images folder something like Take1_Beauty, Take2_Beauty, Take1_AO, Take2_AO. Thanks!

djx
03-08-2011, 12:56 AM
I did something like that a year or so ago (maya 2009 ?).
I couldnt find an inbuilt way to specify an animation layer at render time. So I did it via a preRenderMel script. I rendered each renderLayer/animLayer combination as a seperate batch job and my pre render script would set the mute state of the animation layers based on a single argument which I supplied on the command line (and I used the -rd flag to set the output folder).

It worked pretty well, although I think in hindsight the animation layers made the scene hard to manage, and I have not done it that way since.

David

CGTalk Moderation
03-08-2011, 12:56 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.