PDA

View Full Version : re-entering tool?

ginodauri
03-07-2011, 03:51 PM
Hi i'm playing with houdini lately , and for example when you create curve , it allows you when you press enter key to re-enter and continue drawing cv's.

Is this possible in maya?

A know there is addpoints command for this "curve case" , but is this possible in general with tools?

Another question , is there a way to temporarily disable tool , enter some other tool , and than continue with first tool.

goleafsgo
03-07-2011, 05:15 PM
For the create curve example you would hit the y key to "complete and continue".

For temporarily disabling a tool, not really. Internally Maya can do that...that's actually what happens when you use the camera tools...but I don't think you really have any access to that. Can you give an example of what you'd like to do here?

ginodauri
03-07-2011, 06:08 PM
Thanks for response.

I knew about Y key , but did't knew that you can continue tool.

Is there some mel command regarding this , or it is internal command?

About disabling tool , i thought just that , how maya is switching from camera tools to current tool on the fly , and wanted to know is there some mel command to get same behavior.

P.S. First time i tried it worked , i now i can't get it to work anymore?

CGTalk Moderation
03-07-2011, 06:08 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.