PDA

View Full Version : Reference position, how to model my character?

Orpheus
06-04-2002, 03:46 AM
:curious:

Hello, this is my first post so i hope this works.

What you see below/above(?) is the bone structure of my new character. I've only modelled human-like characters so far and had no problems on how to put my character in a reference position but this little creature is a little different. So my question is; how do i model this creature? Like how it is standing now or do i force my creature to stand-up straight?

Thanks in advance!

Orpheus
06-04-2002, 05:15 AM
Next image>>

Neil
06-04-2002, 09:35 PM
Looks fine to me. I believe the point of 'positioning' your character for riggin is to have them in a natural or common state. So if your creature is gonna have a hunched back 90% of the time and you're not gonna go to the extreme to straight it out at any time, i would leave it.
I think that is why people argue over whether to model a human head with the mouth open or closed, b/c which one is a more natural state?

Orpheus
06-04-2002, 11:37 PM
Hello Neil,

Thanks for yor reply.

I've allready started modelling the character, seems i made the right decision :D

Thanks again.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.