PDA

View Full Version : dragCallback flag from textScrollList not working?

r4inm4ker
03-04-2011, 05:38 AM
Hi all,
I've tried using drapCallback & dropCallback flag from textScrollList but it it seems that the drapCallback is not working. Consider this example (this code snippets are mostly taken from http://www.naughtynathan.co.uk/?p=308):

{
string $win = "dragDropTestWindow";
if (`window -exists $win`) deleteUI -window $win;
window -title "Drag/Drop Window" $win;
columnLayout -adj 1 -rs 5;
button -h 50 -l "Drag Me!" -dgc "dragCallBack";
button -h 50 -l "Drag/Drop Here!" -dgc "dragCallBack" -dpc "dropCallBack";
separator -h 20;

textScrollList -h 80 -dgc "dragCallBack" -dpc "dropCallBack";

setParent ..;
window -e -wh 200 300 $win;
showWindow $win;
}

global proc string[] dragCallBack(string $dragCtrl,int $x, int $y, int $mods)
{
print ("dragCallBack - Drag control: "+$dragCtrl+"\n");
return {"A","B","C"};
}

global proc dropCallBack(string $dragCtrl, string $dropCtrl, string $msgs[],
int $x, int $y, int $type)
{
string $text = "dropCallBack:\n";
$text += (" Drag control: "+$dragCtrl+"\n");
$text += (" Drop control: "+$dropCtrl+"\n");
$text += (" messages: ");
$text += `stringArrayToString $msgs ", "`;
confirmDialog -m $text;
}

the textScrollList successfully received dragged messages from buttons above, but failed if I tried to drag from the TSL. Am I using it wrong or this is a bug?

nb : Tested in Maya2009 & 2011 Linux.

Thanks,
Jefri.

NaughtyNathan
03-04-2011, 09:20 AM
hey Jefri, I tried your posted code exactly as is and it worked fine...? I could MMB-drag from the TSL onto the drop button (or drop back onto itself!) and I got the dialog telling me what I'd done..? I'm on Win7, 2010 32bit, but I find it hard to believe it works in 10 but not 9 or 11... maybe it's a windows/linux issue?

I take it you are testing this exact code too, and it's not a reduced snippet from some other, bigger code? you're not trying to drag highlighted items or something more sophisticated are you? you can only drag the whole control...

:nathaN

r4inm4ker
03-04-2011, 10:47 AM
Hi Nathan, Yeah I did tried the same exact code as I posted above (taken from your blog, i'm sure you noticed it :D ). I've also tested the code on winxp, and the results were pretty intriguing... using Maya 2009 it worked fine, but with Maya 2011, it's working, but only when I carefully dragged the mouse exactly from the edges of the TSL. When I dragged from the list (as people usually do), it did not trigger the drag/drop commands. In Linux, it failed it both version (or behaving like Maya2011 winxp, i'm not sure).

NaughtyNathan
03-04-2011, 01:41 PM
If Maya UI had a face I would punch it hard, especially 2011's... in 2011 they seem to have "broken" about 50% of the (admittedly) obscurer aspects of UI handling/creation...

I do know that certain UI controls don't correctly handle drag/drop (i.e. text/input fields) because they inherrently handle some other system-based methods of drag/dropping, so maybe textScrollList is one such retarded bastard hybrid...?

:nathaN

r4inm4ker
03-05-2011, 02:31 AM
Yeah, though I applaud them for bringing QT UI into maya(especially in Linux, it's relieving
not having to deal with that stone-aged motif ui anymore), the 2011 version is so clunky i hardly believe anyone really uses it in large-scale production. Hopefully the new version fill "fix" most of these UI problems.

CGTalk Moderation
03-05-2011, 02:31 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.