PDA

View Full Version : PDC from Brekel Kinect into Maya, can I stagger frames/sim with this data?

Sponce
03-01-2011, 04:43 PM
Aloha. I've been playing around with the Microsoft Kinect depth mesh. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jtuq3MrFN_o here's what I've got so far.
Current workflow: record mesh clouds in Brekel kinect > export PDC files > impregnate those in my particles Maya project folder > using the dynGlobals node Maya displays that sequence.

Are there ways that I can start running sims on the PDC files? Essentially I want to emit particles from the points on each frame of this animation.

Apologies if I've not been very clear. If there's any other info you need, please ask. I'm very open to any suggestions/ideas and have been looking for solutions for days.

New plan is to forget using PDC format, convert them to Realflow .BIN files, import those with the Realflow plugin and hopefully I will get usable geometry sequences that will actually emit particles. Still very open to any advice. If my post is rude/unclear please let me know why and I'll try to fix it.. I'm kind of grasping at straws here and would really appreciate any advice. Feeling a bit ignored, given that most every thread gets a reply and I've put a lot of effort into solving my own problem.

CGTalk Moderation
03-01-2011, 04:43 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.