PDA

View Full Version : Collection of Free pdf & e-book Tutorials ?

michaelaaut
03-01-2011, 11:13 AM
Hello everyone,

is there "maybe" anywhere a collection of free .pdf tutorials for digital painting lessons ?
Or any kind of e-book library ?

Why I ask:
I got an ipad, but very often I am offline in subway, etc. So I can't access the internet very often, but if there are any different kind of .pdf tutorials it would be really great - so I could take them with me, even if I don't have internet access.

Thank you so much for any links !

halen
03-01-2011, 11:26 AM
Some of ImagineFX articles/tutorials are available as pdf. Not so "in depth", but quite entertaining to read when traveling or something:

http://www.imaginefx.com/-2287754330326480692/Workshops.html

Lunatique
03-02-2011, 04:38 AM
There's always the Andrew Loomis books (just google for them). Just those alone can keep you busy for a long time, especially the more advanced books he has written.

michaelaaut
03-02-2011, 08:02 PM
Thank you very much, both of you. I'll try to convert the free books into epub books and see if I can build a little library.

If you do have other resources, that would be wonderful as well.

One of the things I tried:
I could read really wonderful threads in this forum. Threads with really good links to other tutorials, as well as discussions about techniques and so on.

So I thought, it would be really cool to collect some of them as well as epub books.
Unfortunately, I don't know how I can convert the html sites we all do read on the internet, well how I can convert them into a pdf file ?

One step I learned is to convert the .pdf's into the epub books which is actually necessary to read them on the mobile devices.

So far so good... thank you so much for all your links, ideas and suggestions.

Happy painting !

halen
03-02-2011, 08:34 PM
^you could try just having a some free "pdf printer" and print pages to pdf or use some free html-pdf converter online.

These won't how ever solve the problem of having multiple pages of forum posts.

CGTalk Moderation
03-02-2011, 08:34 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.