PDA

View Full Version : can't conect nParticle cache after relocating the scene.

spacerweb
03-01-2011, 09:39 AM
Hi,

i am having a trouble with nParticle cache. When i finish my simulations and everything, i have to put the scene on the server for a lighter to take on. And when i do that, and copy the particle cache folder as well, set the project to appropriate path, attach existing file (copied the emitter as well)...nothing's work!

There is just no particles in the scene...like there is no connection. I checked in the hypergraph to see if the connections are actually made, and everything seams to be ok, but it's not. There is no particles in the scene.

This happens when i strip down the scene, and just leave the nParticle and emitters node and then copy it, but when i first copy the entire scene, and then delete unnecessary stuff, then it's ok.

I'd like to know what's the cause of this problem, since there is no reason for cache node not to be read and represented when i attach the existing file in the proper way.

thnx in advance.

Igor

Albo
03-01-2011, 11:50 AM
be sure you don't delete the nucleus node...

spacerweb
03-01-2011, 02:52 PM
Thnx a lot Albo, that was the case.

Nucleus has to exist since it's the node that is reading the simulation (or cache file) and drawing the particles in positions, and if there is no Nucleus, no matter if the cache file is connected or not, particles still won't be represented.
So when exporting the particles, one just make sure that in export options the needed inputs are checked.

CGTalk Moderation
03-01-2011, 02:52 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.