PDA

View Full Version : Okay, I think I'm getting better at this bump map thing...

Teyon
06-03-2002, 10:18 PM
I still have a long way to go before I'm as good as the mighty Leigh but I think I'm getting a few steps closer. I just discovered her tips on texturing, so I'm going to look through that and try this again. The entire texture was hand painted and obviously, the color map needs lots of work. Any and all comments are welcome.

LucentDreams
06-04-2002, 04:11 AM
I like the area around the eyes, thats definitely getting there, but the cheeks aren't really working for me, partly depends on wehat this creatures skin material is like, is it like leather or human skin, try to describe the texture you are going for.

As for your mapping, I see it needs some work, here are all the seams i spotted. Are you using UVW mapping, could you post your colour map(s)? do note thst many are the same seams fromdifferent angles.

Teyon
06-04-2002, 04:27 AM
Thanks for the critique, the seams are the result of my sheer stupidity and lack of understanding Poser. I split the model in three parts and then seperated the hanging skin from the head. In otherwords, I screwed the model up something fierce. :annoyed: I also didn't do any welding when I exported the mesh. It's really a big mess is what it is.

I'm glad you like the eyes though. I'll gladly upload the maps to my site tomorrow and link them here. I've learned from my mistakes on this one and I've started texturing a different model and it's coming along well. Still have to work on the my color maps though.

The major problem is that I started these maps as experiments without any real ida of the skin texture. I'll take your advice from here on in and try to think of what skin type I'm going for.

Thanks! :thumbsup:

LucentDreams
06-04-2002, 04:36 AM
yeah thats anewer principle for me too, not just thinking I am going to make skin, or I am going to make metal, or rust, or whatever else, think specifically what it si you want. I want brushed metal, rion, that is rusted due to drips froms the pipe above the object. this is far better than I want a metal texture with rust.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.