PDA

View Full Version : studies in gaming at UK and australia

davuluri4u2
02-28-2011, 03:20 PM
hi...i m student from India.i completed my graduation in computer science engineering with 57%.i m very much passionate about computer games.i want to develop games for future generations...for this i m doing 3d animation course in india...but i want to choose msc in computer games,for my better carrier in gaming....i m in confuse state to choose my university in UK and AUSTRALIA...can any one help me about this??? can any one tell me which university is best in computer gaming for MSC at UK??.about university?and details course and link of university????

davuluri4u2

conbom
03-12-2011, 10:49 PM
Hey man i'm from the UK and to be honest australia has much better weather i know where id want to study!

In all seriousness though im not sure if there really is an ultimate games course here in the UK universites here tend to be fairly accedemic as opposed to job focused . That said Bournemouth university is very very well respected here that would be my target for the UK but im no expert on it.

Indeed have you considered the USA?. Gnomon have a very good program. Also art center is world renowned.

Edit. Just noticed you have a computer science degree. In that case i would Highly reccomend bournmouth university. Many of the profs are pioneers in CGI (when i applied anyway) and they have a habit of getting out TDs I didnt get in when i tried due to failing at the maths and logic tests they had. If your technically focused with an artistic flair go there for sure. 100% they are number one at that field

davuluri4u2
03-13-2011, 04:51 AM
@condom----hey thanks for reply....i m focusing mainly on programming part of gaming as well as i like design also..i applied for abertay Dundee in Scotland....do you know any thing about that university???? Bournemouth university is famous for design of games or programming in games??can u make me clear with it......

Fumetsu
03-13-2011, 05:45 AM
His username is conBom :P

Anyway, I believe Bournemouth is more focused on visual effects than games. Although I could be very wrong, the information on their website kind of reinforced that belief.

http://ncca.bournemouth.ac.uk/courses/

Keep in mind that it is not that easy to get in there. Your test scores will come under scrutiny and you will have to submit a portfolio of your previous work etc.

Good luck :)

davuluri4u2
03-13-2011, 06:06 AM
@Fumetsu....thanks for reply yar.i checked the link provided me....but i found that visual effects has great importance there.......but i want to know which university is famous for gaming technology?????....can you tell me some universities list in gaming????...i applied for abertay Dundee at Scotland,,is that famous for games technology???can u help me out with it???...can u make clear about my questions???

zasid
03-13-2011, 11:58 AM
check it out and investigate it on your own.Its in Germany so probably u will need to know german, but may be they mite be offering it in english also they also have prog in Vancouver if you fancy going there.Bournemouth is famous for VFX and animation not , dont know how popular are the games at he moment. also check Escape studios in london .

http://www.games-academy.de/en

SubDProxy
04-09-2011, 04:56 PM
Check out Digipen if you can. They are in Vancouver and it is a gaming school. https://www.digipen.edu/

CGTalk Moderation
04-09-2011, 04:56 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.