PDA

View Full Version : Multiple outfits

Eldrego
02-28-2011, 03:35 AM
Hey everyone,

Just curious on the workflow for anyone who has done a character with multiple outfits. I have a hires character so I'm not looking to model several versions. What's the workflow on dealing with different outfits, especially shoes? How do I add shoes to a naked rigged model without having to reskin the model? Is this possible? Any input will be greatly appreciated thanks.

Psyk0
03-02-2011, 05:02 PM
If you are 3D max user, theres a modifier called skinwrap, basically transfers skinweights from your base mesh to your new mesh.

Eldrego
03-02-2011, 07:26 PM
If you are 3D max user, theres a modifier called skinwrap, basically transfers skinweights from your base mesh to your new mesh.

Yummy! I am a Max user, I'll look into that, thanks! How does it work exactly? I've seen that modifier in the list never used it.

Psyk0
03-03-2011, 06:27 PM
1) Position your new modified model to the same exact location as your older skinned model, so all the verts match the same x,y,z in space.
2) Apply a skin wrap modifier to your new model
3) In the rollout of the skin wrap modifier choose "add" and add your older model.
4) In the rollout of the skin wrap modifier choose "convert to skin"
5) Now on your new model's modifier list you'll see a new skin modifier. This skin modifier will have the same vertex weights based off of the vert positions of your older model.
Quoted from here:
http://www.maxforums.org/threads/tutorial_avoid_reskinning_skin_wrap_modifier/0001.aspx

Eldrego
03-03-2011, 06:41 PM
Good stuff man thanks!

CGTalk Moderation
03-03-2011, 06:41 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.