PDA

View Full Version : Lighting set up help!!

bethonuiem
02-27-2011, 04:41 PM
Hi,

Does someone know how to render in 3ds max like this image , how to setting up the light and the render set up if anyone knows the good tutorial to figure me out please help me please.Thank you.

http://www.ten24.info/upload/portfolio/55.jpg

jeb
02-27-2011, 07:53 PM
can be done in a million ways. for many big studios they tend to do light rigs for environment and character separated for more control, if you ask me i think thats how the did that one. specially noticeable on the front illumination the guy has. because if it was only lit by the back window the guy's face would be a lot darker as the rest of the scene.

for background some portal light on the window to give the interior a nice soft light and perhaps some indirect illumination with GI, could be faked also but now days most people use vray or mental ray to achieve this.

the guy seems to have a back light that resembles the window light and some fill and specular lights on his front so he isn't in total shadow.

the rest of the fancy look comes from the shaders and post work like Depth of field and atmosphere haze, both which can be achieved with a zdepth pass of the entire scene.

hope it helps.

CGTalk Moderation
02-27-2011, 07:53 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.