PDA

View Full Version : ALIENWARE Challenge Entry: Carlos Lin

ceql
10-21-2003, 03:39 AM
Carlos Lin has entered the ALIENWARE Challenge.

ceql
10-21-2003, 05:12 AM
[old thread, previous pics removed for now ;)]

Here's the first concept, more to come soon! :) It's a speed paint and probably a bit cliche atm, but I'll come with a few more soon hopefully (after the weekend if I'm lucky, final assignment due dates creeping up on me!).

hmm, so exciting to be in the challenge, looking forward to seeing everyone's cool art!

ceql
10-21-2003, 07:01 AM
Rough Speed paint, Last concept for today!

ceql
10-21-2003, 08:02 AM
k,k, maybe 1 more for today!
hmmm these are progrressively getting rougher and rougher :p

I'm going to move concepts towards organic/living landscapes now, This one has an optopus theme (Maybe I'll do a spider version), and is basically a big bulk of gross mass that makes up the ground. There is a massive hump in the structure where the main tentacle arms sprout from, and this hump is littered with slimy orifices from which very tiny small viney tentacles come from. There are also large circular eggs/larvae things intertwined by the mini tentacles on the ground. The main arm tentacles loop back into the main structure. There are cocoons suspended via spiderweb-like strings that seem to be lanched to various places on the tentacles. (these cocoons would probably be twitching uncomfortably. The whole mass seems to be breathing and parts of it are pulsating as if it has some sort of circulation.

The thing looks like an plastic optupus toy left out in the sun, which melted into itself, mixed with something gross :D

ceql
10-21-2003, 08:05 AM
notes about concept #3.

I imagine that it'd be something similar to the colors of concept#1. Hmm, something gross and creepy that'd fit into Giger's universe, but actually already done by Giger.

elnady
10-21-2003, 11:52 AM
Nice Start i like the first one
Good luck:wavey:

OZ
10-21-2003, 11:58 AM
everything cool:beer:

ceql
10-21-2003, 12:19 PM
Thanks guys! :D I'll try and get some new stuff done by next week (got a really big amount of work to do, doh!)

Good luck on your entries! :buttrock: :beer:

juanitopablito
10-22-2003, 05:25 PM
Hey, great work. I like the first one better. It conveys the "life forms are inexistent" part of the setting. The bat-like thing in the background is rather undefined and might be seen as part of the structure so it adds to the "uncertain" feel of the scene. I like it!! ^_^:thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.