PDA

View Full Version : beginning drawing

dizzedaddy
02-25-2011, 09:39 AM
I have recently started to draw, i want to know if i should draw the traditional way, with a pencil and paper or use a software and wacom?????

Lunatique
02-25-2011, 11:19 AM
It doesn't really matter. Drawing is drawing. I know plenty of people who learned to draw and paint digitally and never did any traditional art. My suggestion is to simply do both, because they are not mutually exclusive. What you learn in one will help with the other.

dizzedaddy
02-25-2011, 11:51 AM
thanks a lot for your suggestion. Is sketchbook pro good for drawing and what wacom do u recommend.

Lunatique
02-25-2011, 12:06 PM
6x8 is the most popular size that people use, from professionals to hobbyists. If Intuos is too expensive the cheaper models will do just fine, since you won't be able to really benefit from the differences as a beginner anyway.

Any reputable 2D software can do the job. I suggest you try the trial versions and see which you prefer. I suggest picking a software that is more popular because you'll have more people to ask when you have questions. Photoshop is by far the most popular, but it's not cheap. There are free or very cheap drawing/painting software out there, so maybe you don't have to spend money at all. Use them to learn the basics and then move on to more professional software when you have gotten more advanced.

dizzedaddy
02-25-2011, 12:16 PM
thank u for your feed back

Saiyora-Saga
03-01-2011, 03:45 AM
Both are good... but you can really get somewhere the traditional way too. I say take on both, and keep a drawing pad regular 8.5x11 and a pencil on hand this way you can sketch whenever, doodle whenever, take down quick references whenever.

Goodluck :)

CGTalk Moderation
03-01-2011, 03:45 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.