PDA

View Full Version : Scalable Rig Max ?

littletoon-fr
02-24-2011, 12:59 PM
Hello everyone :]

I have a little question: l would like to know how to rig a character in 3ds max (bone, parent link, constraint position,constraint orientation, controller script, etc.) to make it “scalable” (I mean the possibility to select the character’s root and to use the scale function of max in order to adjust the rig to futur scene).

If somebody has a clue, I would be happy to hear it !! ^__^

Thanks

MattRennie
02-24-2011, 05:16 PM
Can you not just create a null and link everything that is not parented to anything a child of that null and then scale it?

CMM
02-25-2011, 01:17 AM
For the most part, scaling at the object level in 3ds max is frowned upon, so I believe it is a little more difficult.

mhdmhd
02-25-2011, 03:01 PM
it just like MattRennie said linking everything" has no parent" to a null and scale it will do the trick.

eek
02-25-2011, 08:27 PM
For the most part, scaling at the object level in 3ds max is frowned upon, so I believe it is a little more difficult.

Im in agreement, i dont think you want everything with a scaled identity matrix. Rather you want the illusion of scale whilst keeping the transfrom flat i.e. matrix3 1. To do that you project position data relative to an origin, and likewise with a mesh with its verts.

littletoon-fr
02-28-2011, 09:42 PM
Thanks for your answer, now the problem seems clearer !

shalabology
03-04-2011, 11:00 PM
ok for me i m using character set in max it works fine and u can get details for it in help

CGTalk Moderation
03-04-2011, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.