PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with Maya classic 3 joint chain ik to fk

skater363636
02-24-2011, 05:08 AM
I'm having an issue with the classic 3 joint chain IKFK switch. I've got the three joint chains created. The skinned, the fk, and the IK. The FK and IK are duplicated from the skinned after joint orientation was done. I set up both the IK and fk with their prospective controlers and make sure each are working fine. I then do the orient constraints with interp type to shortest which solved the flipping issue I was having. The problem I am having now is that when I set the ik are to be 100% and the fk to be 0% the skin arm doesn't go all the way to the ik but acts as if it has only about 70% wieghting to it. I also get an error on the shoulder which is

" // Warning: Cycle on 'L_ik_shoulder_orientConstraint1.target[0].targetRotate' may not evaluate as expected. (Use 'cycleCheck -e off' to disable this warning.) "

Does anyone know whats going on and how to fix it. I'm trying to finish this rig up for an animated short that I'm working on and this is one of the last parts of the rig. At a loss as to what to do to fix this. Thought about trying to parent constraint the chain.

nuternativ
02-25-2011, 01:29 AM
that's the CYCLE error. Happens when A is constraint parent of B and B is the constraint parent of C and C is constraint parent of A! so maya don't know what to do.

go check on every joints you have there, there must be some mis-constraint or maybe the joints that been constraint is under the hierachy of it's constraint parent.

skater363636
02-25-2011, 04:46 AM
Thanks for the info. About 30 min before you replied I stumbled across what was causing the issue. There was an extra orient constraint node on the shoulder that wasn't showing up any where but the input output connections. But thank you very much for the reply and info.

CGTalk Moderation
02-25-2011, 04:46 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.