PDA

View Full Version : nParticles in maya for liquid.

disrupter52
02-24-2011, 01:32 AM
Hey everyone.

I found an awesome tutorial a while back about making a realistic animation of water pouring into glass. One then the tutorial doesnt explain too well and i cant really figure out is:

How do you fill an object with nParticles? Whenever i play the scene, the particles all compress down at the bottom regardless of their settings. I want to fill a tall container with particles and then pour them out and i know how to do everything else but fill the container. And it has to be like 80% full.

ginodauri
02-24-2011, 01:47 AM
To fill object , create emitter and let it emit particles until your 80 %.

Aikiman
02-24-2011, 02:09 AM
If you have Maya 2011, there is a fill object option under nParticles.

disrupter52
02-24-2011, 02:22 AM
I havent thought of the emitter, that could work.

Also the fill object command is what ive been using, but the particles overlap and compress as soon as you try to animate them.

Aikiman
02-24-2011, 02:47 AM
you will get the same result if you use an emitter, its just the way the default settings are. Generally I find the default settings to be pretty good, so it means you would have to increase the particle resolution when you fill the object - say hello to prolong sim times at this point.

Some things that can help, increase radius of particle, increase incompressibility or decrease rest density. But like I say the default settings are pretty good so its just a matter of increasing particle count at the cost of sim times.

CGTalk Moderation
02-24-2011, 02:47 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.