PDA

View Full Version : rendering

vallaha
02-23-2011, 09:49 AM
i want to render some tiffs. i have ambient occlusion inside my modeled living room with 4 walls, ceiling and floor but my renders are far to dark. why?

musashidan
02-23-2011, 09:58 AM
Too vague for people to respond. Do you mean shader AO or an AO pass? What renderer? Are you using physical scale? What's your light setup? Are you using a LWF? Are you using exposure control or GI...............??

vallaha
02-24-2011, 08:11 AM
im using mental ray, AO shader not a pass, i have no lights in scene, don't know what physical scale is, i think its to do with realistic lighting? dont know what LWF and exposure control but im not using GI

hope this helps cheers

Bramboogie
02-24-2011, 09:50 AM
make sure the distance set in you AO-shader is smaller then the dimensions of your room

also... pls don't double-post the same problem

musashidan
02-24-2011, 03:42 PM
im using mental ray don't know what physical scale is, i think its to do with realistic lighting? dont know what LWF and exposure control but im not using GI

hope this helps cheers

Well if you're using MentalRay you should be using all 3. If you don't use real-world scale in a linear workflow with exposure control and energy conserving materials(Arch&Design) you can never really expect to achieve accurate, realistic renders.
A good example of this is your AO distance in the shader. If you modeled to real-world scale then the AO distance would make sense.

4 low
03-03-2011, 01:44 PM
AO material's self-illumination needs to be 100%

CGTalk Moderation
03-03-2011, 01:44 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.