PDA

View Full Version : can't recreate the similar quality ocean through Ocean Texture from Ocean shader

solution
02-23-2011, 06:19 AM
Hello everyone, I have created a good looking ocean on a plane surface through Ocean Shader.

I wanna do some texture map of foam photo on the plane, the UV-mapping texture can't match perfectly with the pattern generated by Ocean shader because Ocean shader pattern won't follow UV exactly but by Y-projection.

Rather than recrate the ocean effect by using Ocean texture, any method I could do with combining ocean shader with UV mapping texture perfectly? I have try recreating the ocean with Ocean Texture but I could hardly recreate the ocean surface with similar detail that come out exactly from Ocean shader.

Let say, if Ocean Texture is the only solution for my case, how should I do this? I have try create the ocean texture and then connect it with a basic blinn shader color (Foam on Waves mode) and displacement (output RED channel > set range > WaveHeight) but the ocean just the same, like a shxt......

CGTalk Moderation
02-23-2011, 06:19 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.