PDA

View Full Version : Problem with biped riding a bike

dande
02-21-2011, 07:55 PM
I have rigged a bike. Animated the bike by connecting it to a spline with a path constraint. All works fine.
I then placed a biped on the bike and linked the biped to the bike. The hand and feet of the biped are linked to the bike with the bipeds ik so that the pedals will drive the bipeds legs. The pelvis of the biped is linked to the bicycle frame. In the viewport if I animate everything works fine. If I render out individual frames again everything works fine.

If I render out an animation the bike animates as it should but the biped is left sitting in the air.

Any ideas?

Thanks

shinyprem
02-21-2011, 08:28 PM
Did you link the COM of the biped to the bicycle?

dande
02-21-2011, 09:07 PM
Thanks for getting back to me. I'm new to using bipeds so I hope you don't mind if I ask a stupid question. What do you mean by the com?

shinyprem
02-21-2011, 09:10 PM
The center of mass. the object u find inside waist

dande
02-22-2011, 01:14 AM
The com object the object inside the pelvis is linked to the bike frame. It's still not animating with the bike

Thanks

dande
02-23-2011, 12:22 PM
I got this sorted. I deleted the old biped. Created a new biped but linked the com object first to the frame. Then animated the rest of the biped.

CGTalk Moderation
02-23-2011, 12:22 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.