PDA

View Full Version : SMC-D30 :: Week 2

Williamwinkler
02-21-2011, 02:58 PM
This week I thought we would model a head. Most people can not model a anatomicly correct and capture the likeness of someones face in 30 min, but you miss 100% of the shots to dont take.. right? Lets give it a shot! My personal model had to back out last minute thus my late post of this thread, I hope this does not inconvenience or discourage any of you from participating. So that is why we are modeling Angelina Jolie. If you are newer to 3D modeling or are trying to find a fast work flow I recommend this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xls25e08sSg) .

The refrance images are posted on the blog spot, smc-d30-ref.blogspot.com , please comment on there if you would like more or different reference. Please post your blog spot of your daily creations and at the end of the week repost your .gif so we can see the progression made. If you do not want to make a blog I encourage you to post your images here. I recommend you to look at others blogspots for inspiration, ideas, and workflow. I also would like you to "fallow" those that you know or like there work, its a good way to encourage people to stay on task with this knowing they have people watching.

If this is something you like, recommend it you your friends and colleagues.

Thank you and good luck,
Wink

whom
02-25-2011, 04:03 PM
Could this activity be a bit more simplified William?

What I feel now is that it perhaps are too many directions to do with this activity which perhaps makes the participation low......? ....With that I mean the post on the blog thing and the gif.

What I didn't get was if you had to startover each time in the activity? or if you was supposed to keep going with the 30 minutes base and then on the next one continue on the 1 hour base and the time after that continue on the 1.30 hour base?

whom
02-25-2011, 04:06 PM
I think with activities the key is to keep it simple, and with this no pun intended. It was the same with the theme me and MSus did previously....
If you can simplify this activity in some way I think it can work. :)

Williamwinkler
02-26-2011, 10:16 PM
I agree, it might be hard for people to understand with so many directions. I apologize.

To clarify with what your suppose to do, your suppose to start over every day. I mention the "set up" file so people don't waist time out of there 30 min or time out of there day prepping the scene every day. You try and finish the model in 30 min, you stop where you are at the end of the time, and start over the next day.

Some people I talk to (mainly student's) have been hesitant from trying this because they feel it will distract them or take time away from work. The best way I can explain it is that its like drawing. You warm up with some strokes, circles, squares, and sketches before you start your piece (main project) every day. It servers and a development of work flow and daily warm up. It challenges you to think of new was to tackle modeling in a faster workflow. Its also not so destructive if what you try doesn't work because it only 30min. I have been working on some videos to help explain the process and goals of this, I should have them done by tomorrow when I post week3. I hope this helps.

If anyone else has any questions or recommendations please post, I would like to make this as smooth and easy to understand as possible.

Sincerely,
Wink

Psidream
03-01-2011, 12:11 AM
Will you do any SMC's with a final time limit? Something more like Fx 30min / 1hr ect and post what we have then?
Done this some days now, 1day face done ( well not the ear's mouth or eyes ) 2 day the same.
3day, i was bored its no fun repeating, specialy since i do not learn anything new and i dont have other stuff / people to compare to so i deleted my file and started playing Rift :(

Williamwinkler
03-06-2011, 11:13 PM
PsiDream- I do understand your points. I think I am going to spend sometime developing instructions for this and visible content. Please look for this to restart in the near future.

whom
03-20-2011, 04:19 PM
William, I posted another speed session to go along side with your session.
Just to keep this section alive. :)

CGTalk Moderation
03-20-2011, 04:19 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.