PDA

View Full Version : RealFlow particles popping, spinning and dispersing!?

MtatFluler
02-21-2011, 08:41 AM
Hi there,

I seem to be having some trouble with a few particles upon simulation. Most of the particles are fine, but a few seem to pop, spin and disperse from the rest. Here is a youtube link to a video which shows exactly what I mean.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhiJRDw1nLE

Any suggestions/solutions/advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Matt

Phlok
02-21-2011, 01:30 PM
Hi,

to me it seems like you are using a very high viscosity setting. Try increasing your substeps (do so by clicking on the small arrow next to your simulate button), something like 50 - 100 (adaptive) will do, you might also try a setting of 50 fixed.

Also, lowering internal Pressure can help in this situation and do away with any Surface Tension.

If that don't help, use the Particle Tool (Tools Menu) and try to measure the problematic particle's speed and kill them using a kSpeed Deamon.

Soubibi
02-21-2011, 05:45 PM
Just for info : if you are using high viscosity setting, you need to increase your substeps and avoid to use SurfaceTension.

MtatFluler
02-21-2011, 11:22 PM
Hi guys,

Really appreciate your suggestions, but it is still happening!

I have tried to increase the substeps, as well as using fixed numbers.

I have gotten rid of surface tension and reduced viscosity.

Here are the things I have changed from the original settings...

Emitter:
Density 1000 to 999
Viscosity 3 - 3.3
Int. pressure 1 - 0.5
Ext. pressure 1 - 0.5

Bottle object:
Collision distance was raised slightly
Particle friction 0.001 - 0.00125
Sticky 0.0 - -0.1

desk object:
Collision distance was raised slightly
Particle friction 0.001 - 0.00128
Sticky 0.0 - -0.1

Substeps:
Min 50
Max 100

Phlok
02-23-2011, 02:34 PM
Looks like you are simulating with pretty much the default values.
Would you mind sending me that scene, so I could take a closer look. Just write me a PN and I will give you my email address.

CGTalk Moderation
02-23-2011, 02:34 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.