PDA

View Full Version : Translate tools steal objects RMB marking menu

SillyWilly777
02-21-2011, 07:39 AM
It's a common inconvenience when right clicking on an object and instead of getting the marking menu for component/object selection you get the one with "complete tool" and "select all".

It's even more annoying than that for me because it's the only thing preventing me from having a nice working custom menu on RMB in empty space. Because the component/object selection menu popping up even on empty space, as long as an object is selected, is the only thing preventing the translate tools from stealing the object's marking menu in object mode as well. So when I disabled that I would have my menu stolen all the time by the tools getting in the way.

Notice in the image, you don't even have to click directly on the translate tool for the problem to occur.

http://i56.tinypic.com/2aj2oig.jpg

pritishd
02-21-2011, 06:38 PM
It's a common inconvenience when right clicking on an object and instead of getting the marking menu for component/object selection you get the one with "complete tool" and "select all".

It's even more annoying than that for me because it's the only thing preventing me from having a nice working custom menu on RMB in empty space. Because the component/object selection menu popping up even on empty space, as long as an object is selected, is the only thing preventing the translate tools from stealing the object's marking menu in object mode as well. So when I disabled that I would have my menu stolen all the time by the tools getting in the way.

Notice in the image, you don't even have to click directly on the translate tool for the problem to occur.

http://i56.tinypic.com/2aj2oig.jpg

You can always bind the right click menu to activate only when you press a certain hotkey combination (eg alt+x+RMB). Just set it up like a normal marking menu. You'll have to create a RunTimeCommand in addition to the nameCommand so that users can choose their own combination.

That way user would have access to the default maya mouse setup, plus your own custom one.

SillyWilly777
02-22-2011, 12:17 AM
I've already did that using the Z key. I just wanted another custom menu with the RMB click in empty space for convenience since with the hokey, unless it's shift, ctrl, alt or spacebar, you probably have to look down at the keyboard to see the key. Also I wanted another one so I don't overload one.

But we can ignore the custom marking menu part of my post. Does anyone know how to solve, or at least point me in the right direction, the issue with the translate tools stealing the marking menu in component mode? If that gets solved then it will solve two of my other problems associated with it.

I'm guessing this would require the C++ API?

djx
02-22-2011, 08:58 AM
I can't reproduce this behaviour you described, unless I right click directly on the actual handles of translate tool. Anywhere else I click gives me the correct menu. Maybe I'm misunderstanding your question.

Anyway, you might be interested in this thread about context sensitive menus in maya
http://tech-artists.org/forum/showthread.php?t=419

David

SillyWilly777
02-23-2011, 12:41 AM
You have to be in component mode. Just select a face or verts and align your camera to where the translate tool obstructs the object and then right click on or near a translate tool.

CGTalk Moderation
02-23-2011, 12:42 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.