PDA

View Full Version : freeze fluids

OliverA
02-20-2011, 09:24 PM
does anyone know how freeze fluids at a certain frame? i thought this would be simple but i am rather stuck. thanks.

toho
02-20-2011, 09:37 PM
you can set key on disable evaluation attribute

OliverA
02-21-2011, 03:30 PM
could you please elaborate im still quite new to maya fluids.

Phlok
02-21-2011, 03:46 PM
> Dynamic Simulation -> Disable Evaluation.

tadaa.

OliverA
02-21-2011, 05:16 PM
thank you :).

republicavfx
02-21-2011, 05:19 PM
if you mean freeze them bullet frame style then you need to cache the fluids then go to the trax editor where youll find the cache as a clip which you can spčed up slow down , freeze etc.

OliverA
02-22-2011, 10:16 AM
if you mean freeze them bullet frame style then you need to cache the fluids then go to the trax editor where youll find the cache as a clip which you can spčed up slow down , freeze etc.

I have tired this method, editing the source start and stop to a certain frame however it didnt work. even though im only caching 200 frames i need a frame to freeze for any number of frames and for it not to disappear after frame 200.

i have no idea how to do this. i read somewhere that you can create a time node and give it the frame number and then attach it to the fluids current time, however when i try to attach it, it says current time has an incoming connection. any ideas?

toho
02-22-2011, 11:59 AM
You also can place animation curve between time and fluids nodes.
Do not forget about timeToUnitConversion and unitToTimeConversion Nodes
see attached file

dreamacademy
02-22-2011, 12:27 PM
You just need to cache it and set your source start and source end to the same frame, then you can even delete the rest of the frames in the cache.

You just have to make sure that your XML shows cached more frames than you are going to render in total, else the fluid will get to the end of its cache life and start calculating again.

CGTalk Moderation
02-22-2011, 12:27 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.